Are you buy AEW Revolution? Predictions ?

One of the legit biggest retirements in a while - are you buying?

A lot I don’t care about on the show but the Sting match should be good and hopefully memorable. I’ll be watching it I can.

Predictions for buyrate?

I’m thinking 160k

If the data above is correct then, even with All In getting 200,000, AEW pay-per-views averaged 135,000 buys in 2023. So 160K would be impressive. I’m thinking the 140K range with Sting’s retirement and the long layoff between PPVs providing a boost.

I will always be interested in an FTR match and a Danielson match, but nothing specifically has me sold on watching this one live.

I agree it’s a one match show basically. But it sold out the Greensboro based on that

Will definitely be buying. The card is completely stacked. Also been the best built up AEW show in a longgggg time IMO

1 Like

I’m interested in the Sting match……if it was free, 100% I’d watch. If it were $15, for sure. I think it depends how much Cogeco charges for it.

Will be watching by any means necessary. Gotta say I’m happy for the Stinger and pleased with how they built this. Any chance MJF returns or do we know his status?

Ordered.

Again, for those with a VPN and AEW+ on Triller / Fite, it goes for $20 CDN.

I think it’ll be among the top three bought AEW shows ever. I’ll go 160-180K.

2 Likes

Will be watching in a bar with other fans. This card is stacked.

1 Like

Will be for sure, my fav wrestler of all time retiring, damn right I’ll be watching……with a box of tissue ready lol

1 Like

Can fite be downloaded on to a smart tv? Or computer only?

Not sure if there is a smart TV app or not. I have it via both Roku and Amazon Fire stick.

1 Like

Yeah I’m gonna buy but I’m currently unsure when I’ll actually get to watch it

This is a great card, not 1 match PPV at all

1 Like

I grew up loving Starcade '92 with Sting vs Vader. This is something (a wrestling moment) that warrants my attention. I’m not sure when I’ll get to it, but I’m buying it.

I know It’s highly unlikely (maybe next to impossible) to happen, but what if they got the rights for “THE MAN CALLED STING” from WWE for this show? Can we have nice things for one night? Please? :smile:

4 Likes

I might be snowed in on Sunday night…(Manitoba weather says maybe 40 cms of snow by Monday morning, but it all depends on the weather track.) So, it is on my consideration. I’m going to see how I feel on Sunday Morning.

Not to derail the conversation (I’m told I have that habit), but I missed the boat on Sting. For my age group and part of the country, I think he was “bad Ultimate Warrior” for a lot of us in the early 90s (hilarious for many reasons, looking back).

Then, as much as the Crow Sting gimmick and angle in 1996-97 is an all-time great one, most of his matches and angles after (and including?) Starrcade 1997 are more closely associated with the dying days than the rise of the nWo, and then of WCW itself.

And then I completely missed out on the entire TNA organization. As in, the only Sting TNA match I’ve ever seen is the Jeff Hardy disaster.

Long way to say that he deserves all of the flowers he will receive on Sunday, and that I know I’m in the minority here, but he just doesn’t move the needle for me. But yes, I’ll probably still cry when I see him take his final curtain call.

2 Likes

Unfortunately bought tickets to see IMAX Dune 2 on Sunday several weeks ago without realizing it was the same time as this show, but I’ll be buying and watching on Monday morning. Sting is the man.

Yeah, when I grew up in Toronto, there wasn’t really anything on TV from the NWA era. The first time I saw Ric Flair was when he came to WWE and Sting as the crow is my name memories of him.

He’s not on the same level as most legends (ie Bret and Shawn)

But hes a big enough name for me to care

i dont really care about the rest of the card as main event three way isnt my cup of tea, womens match is just waiting for Mone, i already saw FTR match and Osprey vs Takeshita and this scramble seem like filler without storyline. I’ll just skip to main event

I strongly disagree. His longevity clears both. I’d put him on equal ground. He had more years of main eventing than either. He’s consistent.

Obviously a longer WWE run would have changed many people’s opinions. But given how he was treated when he went there, I think its better that he didn’t.

Sting had a solid 11 years on top of NWA / WCW, where Bret only really had five in WWF, and Shawn had two (plus his return in 2003).

1 Like

Early 90’s WCW was one of the things I fell in love with when I got into wrestling. Sting of 92 was what caught my eye. The King of Cable finals at Starrcade 92 is an all-timer.

It’s funny. I don’t think I watched any of his TNA run. All of my fondness of him stems from the first half of the 90’s WCW run.

I absolutely love the send off he’s been given in AEW. And feel like if they ever do a Hall of Fame, he’s the first guy to go in.

Crazy to think in 2020 when he debuted, most people speculated he would only be doing cinematic matches, etc. And meanwhile he’s gone on to have absolutely bonkers performances every time out. I’m glad he was given this run, and getting a proper goodbye.

1 Like

I have the app on my Samsung TV.

2 Likes