ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

Spencer from Australia

One month on (by the time you’re reading this) from the most shocking reveal in pro wrestling history; how do you feel about Cody’s neck tattoo?

2 Likes

WWE talks about making new stars. In the last 15 years, their new homegrown stars have been lukewarm at best.

But in 6 months, AEW has made Allin, Guerera, Riho, Orange Cassidy, MJF, and even Aubrey Edwards hot stars.

Do you see the lack of new young star power hurting WWE’s position when it’s time to renew their TV deals? And can AEW keep up this ability to keep making young stars?

Tenese pronounced Tennessee from GA

Curious have you guys had a chance to see anything from El Hijo del Viking? As a regular viewer of Impact and watching him during the Mexico taping had me in awe having a banger with TJP. He reminds me of Rey Mysterio when he first burst onto the scene in the US. Impact/Anthem should move heaven and earth to sign him, he’s special.

Ari from montreal
Why is the move called sliced bread #2…whats sliced bread #1?

1 Like

johnny from saskatoon

now that you’ve had the real deal, ramen or pho?

1 Like

Eric from Miami

I’d like to know your thoughts on the legacy of the WWE Performance Center so far, Now they’ve made 3 wrestlers who have big roles at Wrestlemania this year, Charlotte, Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns, all the kids of former wrestlers, but after that what else? It was made clear for me during Rewind-A-Wai #56 “PWG:ELEVEN” how much WWE has just plucked Indy talent. The entire Mens War Games 2019 match of Undisputed Era vs Ciampa, Owens, Lee, and Dijakovic all were in ROH/PWG, so where are the new people? You got Bianca Belair and Kacy Catanzaro who you’ve created, but where are all those College Football and Basketball players you put in group photos when you sign Bobby Roode and Matt Riddle. Thanks

Imran from Huddersfield

Do you have any insight/theories as to why the WWE seem so reluctant to use managers more often? I
just find it odd that it’s not something they utilise more often, especially considering their biggest star in Brock has had the same manager for like 8 years now and it has worked well.

Also, any shouts for people within the WWE system who aren’t being utilised that would make for a good manager? For example, I think Mark Henry would be great as a manager for a chicken-shit heel.

Hi Jon and wai

With the recent news of WWE attempting to partner with All-Japan as part of the global expansion, I was wondering if you could detail or clarify some of the relationships WWE/NXT currently have with independent promotions. What relationship does WWE have with promotions like Progress, ICW, WxW, and Evolve? Is it simply a talent share agreement or are there other financial supports these promotions are getting from the WWE?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Cullan

Other than a wrestling or mma show, what sporting event did you have the most fun at?

Hey guys,
Dan in Denver
How were you introduced to MMA as fans? When did you start watching? Who were some of the fighters that caught your eye back in the day? Were you fans of MMA before covering the sport at the Fight Network?

I’ve noticed that whenever you do a UFC review(shout out to Phil Chertok for his excellent work), you start with the main event and work down, whereas with wrestling you start at the beginning of the event and progress through the card. Is there a method to this madness? Any particular reason the format is different? Thanks.

Chris Thunder from Down Under.

I’LL admit I’m not up on everything Stardom, but not that Bushiroad is their parent company would the goal be to move their major event of the year into the Tokyo Dome eventually?

Alex From Minneapolis
2 Questions

1. have either of you seen the famous 3 way match between Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk vs Eddie Guerrero. Punk’s backstory of the match was another example of the excellent wrestling mind and giving person Eddie was .

2. Do you ever see Joey Styles having a comeback story like Tony Schiavone has had? He’s been out of the public eye since the Evolve incident in 2016

Hi, John, have you finally seen jay and silent bob reboot? Thoughts?

Brandon from Oshawa

With everything going on with the corona virus and WWE & AEW cancelling shows or talk about holding empty arena shows, what would happen if they could not put on an episode of Raw, SmackDown or Dynamite? Are they required by the networks to have some kind of other programming, to fill up the time slot?

Also, if that were to happen, do you guys have a plan for what you would do? Would you review whatever airs?

1 Like

Anthony from Melbourne

Just listened to your fantastic interview with Evan Husney on the hangout and had a thought occur to me.

Is there any possibility that the recent wellness violations after a 3 year gap from Paige in 2016 could be connected to the upcoming release of the Dark Side of the Ring Benoit eppisode?

I feel like WWE may be expecting some of the negativity to recirculate once the episode airs and people would be quick to point out they have dropped off on wellness violations in recent years. By having violations more recently it minimises the conversation around the reliability of their wellness policy that was mostly enforced because of this tragity.

My own counter to this is that WWE probably would have known this was an upcoming eppisode before December 2019, although Evan did say they are still in production so maybe not?

John, I always wanted to ask if you’d be willing to contribute to an Owen eppisode of DSOTR.
Did Evan ask for your help or interview you for the eppisode? Your peice on the topic was amazing!

Thanks for the shout out Chris, for the McGregor event we chose to start with the main event because we both thought that’s what everyone was really tuning in for. John went with a main event lead again last time and I just ran with it. My suspect memory believes it’s only happened 1 time before that. The philosophy of either direction is really about energy, I personally want to devote the most energy possible to the biggest stories which is usually the main event, sometimes I feel like I need a warm up other times I want to go right at it. I’m not going to speak for John but as an observer, it seems that the narrative nature of Pro Wrestling with the setups and stories that develop through a single show or multiple shows, lends itself to a linear review.

1 Like

Mikey Omega in Fall River, MA

Hey guys! Have you guys ever tinkered with the idea of having a Post Wrestling mobile app? An app were you can read the latest articles, listen to all the Post Wrestling network podcasts and receive breaking news push notifications. Or even shop at your online store. For me, I would greatly benefit of and app like this since you guys are my main source of wrestling news. Also will you guys ever be releasing a Post Wrestling hoodie? Thanks!

Hey guys, as of today WrestleMania has been moved to the PC.

AS this wasn’t a issue with the city or stadium do you think WWE will return to Tampa Bay for 38 after Hollywood next year?

Who is a wrestler that everybody seems to like and really rate but you cannot see what they see and just don’t get it? For me it’s either Sasha banks as I think she is sloppy and very lose on all of her strikes and she just comes across as a very annoying person either heel or face , or Shawn spears as I think he is slow and boring to watch and very overrated! Thanks love the site.