ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

Diego from San Antonio

Two quick ones if I may.

Wai, we got your thoughts on Banks/RZA, but what about the table? To clarify, the collaboration album of Lou Reed and Metallica.

John, you going to give the Dexter revival season a chance?

Paul from New Jersey

Are you familiar with Canadian psychologist Jordan Peterson and if so what are your thoughts?

Lucas from Milwaukee

What was the ceiling for Bobby Lashley in MMA? I don’t remember watching too many of his fights, but the one’s I saw I recall him looking fairly impressive, especially when I compare his run to Jake Hager’s Bellator run. I know he didn’t fight very big names in Bellator, but did he have any chance of contenting for their heavyweight title?

Anthony from Detroit

In my opinion, NXT is the most entertaining weekly wwe show. Countless performers have been over on NXT and they bomb out when they move to the main roster. NXT performers are re-packaged, some are sent back to learn the main roster style. It appears NXT isn’t getting the performers ready for the main roster. A MLB or NHL franchise works with their minor league system to develop future stars. My question is as a true developmental brand, has NXT been a failure? Should HHH, HBK and the other trainers he held accountable. Should Vince take a harder look at his developmental brand?

Thank you!

Ari from Montreal

Any realistic chances Nick Aldis leaves NWA?
If so where would he seem like a good fit? He does have the history with Impact…but his wife is in WWE and fits better in that system.

Dave from Brisbane, Australia

Hey Jon, my partner and I have dug back into Riverdale again. Did they ever explain why the twin babies were floating above the fire?

Hi guys, long time patron, first time posting. My question is where do you see the future of the NWA going? Power was a very enjoyable show to watch and to follow and it seemed to have a decent audience built up. I know the plan to bring power back at some point this year, but how do you feel they will handle it? Would it be a good idea to do something with the reboot of Georgia Championship wrestling as they would likely have the same type of audience, or do you see Nick Aldis possibly having a run in AEW feuding with Cody again for the NWA championship?

Thanks for reading,

Éanna (Irish name, pronounced “eh-na”) :grinning:

1 Like

John,

What have been your strategies for reading more over the past year, especially considering the increase in family responsibilities? Each year, I set a goal for reading, and I start falling behind around this time.

Thank you both!

Steve Wille

Brandon from Oshawa

Would you guys ever be interested in building POST Wrestling into something more than just wrestling? I’m thinking something along the lines of another website I frequent, comicbook.com. Over there, they’ve got stuff on TV, movies, wrestling, comics, upcoming soft drink releases etc.

I wouldnt think you’d jump into all the same stuff, but you already have begun reviewing movies and TV. I think the POST community would be very supportive.

1 Like

A Wai and a John question:

John - having a young child, what’s that one book that you’re just tired of reading to your kid?

Wai - regarding washing dishes, has it discouraged you from cooking or encouraged “washing as you go”?

1 Like

Tenese from GA

Wanting to get your thoughts on the idea of New Japan doing a bundle package with Stardom much in the same vein as Disney+. Thanks for all of your excellent work.

With a relationship brewing of New Japan and AEW, who would you love to see on excursion to New Japan from AEW. I would love to see Top Flight on a tour possibly in BOSJ Tag Tourney. Also can you see down a reunion of Shooter and MOX in AEW?
Thanks and stay safe!

Brandon frm NJ

What up bruddas how’s it? Just checking in you know doin the thing been a minute ya know, -12 in Timmins anywhoo I got a few questions

-explain the back story of the nickname for Big Phil Chertok? He asked me to ask you John in El Discord

-explain Guarev I heard he is a legend

-excited for you guys to come on my podcast “The Last Laugh” details ahead

1 Like

Roy from Rhode Island.

Can you guys give some insight into the thought process that led to you deciding to keep Post Wrestling ad-free when it launched, and have you ever considered changing this stance as it relates to non Patreon shows?

1 Like

James from norfolk England
Hi Guys I have to say a big thank you for all the content as it has helped me through the tough uk lockdowns!
My question is have either of you ever been to the uk? If so where and what are your thoughts on the uk fans?

1 Like

Hey guys, are there any board or card games that you enjoy? I personally am a big fan of Settlers of Catan and the Munchkin Series.

1 Like

To ride the last podcast’s question regarding entrance music, I feel that entrance music of wrestlers should be repurposed in the same fashion as finisher moves. What are you guys thoughts? Just doesn’t make sense to leave bangers that the WWE probably still have licensing to just collect dust…

1 Like

Ian from Best Film Ever

Hello gentlemen,

Over the many years I’ve heard you guys talk about your love of BBQ, Pho, dumplings, and other foods but have never heard you two talk about sushi. Having moved to England from Canada it’s actually surprisingly hard to find decent sushi outside of the big cities.

So I guess I’m asking for your general feelings on sushi and if you’re fans, what are your go-tos when eating sushi.

For clarity, in conclusion, I’m asking what kind of fish would John and Wai buy if John and Wai would buy fish? #Riddle

1 Like

Stu from Liverpool

So I feel like causing a bit of a ruckus, who’s on your Mount Rushmore of café patrons? Does @Brandonfrmnj make it in?

Also, I’m way behind in my podcasts (like 15+ months behind) but I’m a completist. Is there any projects or hobbies you’re way behind on that you’re dying to catch up on, but simply don’t have the time?

2 Likes

I’ve been tempted to watch WWE again for the first time in a long time after hearing about the return of many performers from the mid-late 2000s. All of a sudden, Lashley, Drew, MVP, Morrison, and Benjamin are anywhere from top guys to at least being involved with main event players. They even have Wade Barrett on commentary and had Carlito in the rumble. What does it say about WWE that they feel the need to go back to these performers? I would say the hardcore crowd saw a lot in the majority of these performers, but all were invariably ‘done dirty’ or had their legs cut out from under them and left. Is this WWE just claiming anyone available so that AEW or NJPW doesn’t get them, or does it signify a directive or policy? For as much praise as NXT gets, it seems to me the most successful performers, the ones who win championships like AJ, Braun, and the Shield, skipped NXT.

I guess, to summarize, does it seem at all that the top brass doesn’t trust the NXT formula as much as they do their own formula, whether it be from 15 years ago or now (like with the exceptions that they let skip NXT)?

P.S. Who comes back to WWE TV first: JTG, Chris Masters, or Paul London?

1 Like