ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

I got back into wrestling after hearing about the Wrestle Kingdom 11 main event. This lead me down a rabbit hole ending with finding the LAW and becoming a fan of the wide world of wrestling. Much like all of us I was sad to see LAW cancelled but am happy to see all doing well. I know you guys are all doing your seperate things but I would love to see a mini reunion with the four of you guys. Even just a cameo during the Holiday show. Love you all.

Replying to Mark_kuwait
Fulham did just hold the champions, Liverpool, to a draw. They look good now! Maybe Big Tone knows what heā€™s doing after all?

Jordan from Kitchener,

Are there any plans to have John and his significant other doing the occasional review of a TV show or movie as Wai and his partner do for Total Bellas?

Happy holidays, guys! Keep up the great content, and itā€™s worth the price of admission.

Roy from Rhode Island

Hi Guys,

As journalists whose shows (constructively) critique and analyze content regularly, how do you feel about feedback and critiques of your own content? I know from twitter and apple podcasts reviews that you guys are sometimes subject to pretty shallow and unfair criticism about things like negativity against WWE, your preambles during shows, etc., but can you think any examples of constructive criticism that either gave you pause for thought, or resulted in you changing anything about your approach or your shows?

Hey guys, love the show and all other shows on the Patreon, happy to be a subscriber!

Unsure when this will get answered but I would love to know your thoughts on Atsushi Onita. Heā€™s certainly one of the most influential and (in)famous personalities of the 90s, and his story from Giant Babaā€™s young boy to FMW booker to a political career is extremely wild.

1 Like

To whom this may be relevant:

Who is your favourite member of the On Cinema Family (excluding host Tim Heidecker and regular guest Gregg Turkington), and why? What are some overall thoughts on the show and the world they have built?

1 Like

Nic from Chatham,

The MCU has established that time and intergalactic travel is possible. With Disney owning both the MCU and Star Wars, how long do you think before we see a crossover?

Wai, Iā€™ve noticed from Twitter interactions that you are also a fellow film buff and fan of the wild world of the On Cinema Universe. Are you a gregghead or timhead? I, for one am looking forward to the true Oscar special, the Our Cinema Special.

Sorry for making you have to explain this stupidity.

1 Like

Hahaha. Great minds think alike.

2 Likes

Rob from Saskatoon

Will there ever be a Wingmen reunion podcast? What was your favorite Wingmen memory? Which of the Wingmen do you still keep in touch with?

Hey guys, this is Miguel from South Central

Do you know what happened with the Ruthless Aggression series on the WWE Network? After the last episode aired, clips were shown of the second part of the series set to be released in the Fall of 2020. With 2020 over there hasnā€™t been any mention of the series.

1 Like

Steve from BC

Hey guys, awesome job on the christmas show this year. It may have been your best one yet!

Question: With the rumors that WWE wants to hold their Hall of Fame ceremony this year, what do you think of the idea of the inductees giving their speeches spread out over weeks of Raw? With the dwindling ratings lately it gives them an excuse to bring in a different legend/legends every week to give them a bit of a bump. And it would give the viewers a bit of a change in the format, making it less of a chore that watching Raw has become.

I spent the last week of 2020 watching The Karate Kid Parts 1-3, and even watched the Next Karate Kid with Hillary Swank to get an extra Mr, Miyagi-fix. The rest of the week I watched seasons 1-2 of Cobra Kai, and then season 3 came out on Friday, January 1st. Itā€™s spectacular. It perfectly represents the movies with a mix of the castā€™s kids and their friends that really makes you care about all the characters involved. It even uses flashbacks to the movie, that perfectly fit and donā€™t feel at all forced. It allows Pat Morita to be a part of the show in very emotional ways. Have you guys ever seen the Karate Kid movies, and have you watched any of Cobra Kai? Bonsai!

1 Like

What are your guys thoughts on Jericho calling the election into question and recording podcasts that discuss conspiracy theories in the wake of everything that has happened in the past few months?

1 Like

Jake from the Windy City

Random here but watching you both for a long time and meeting you guys at Starrcast, you both are very chill people hang around. I wonder if there were any big instances where either of you lost your temper because of someone or something pissed you off so much.

And also, are you guys looking for to Fast & Furious 9? Has the franchise jumped the shark or do you still find it enjoyable?

Doofus Dan in Toronto

Howdy buds! John and Wai, did you have any posters on your walls growing up? (no wrestling connection required)

Thanks!

1 Like

Patrick Herbert from Derby

How are you?

Also does Kenny Omega deserve critisim for how poorly AEWā€™s womens division has been?

Cheers :relieved:

Anthony from Melbourne

What is the modern-day equivalent to beating Stone Cold and The Rock in the same night? Jericho used this throughout his career in one way or another to promote his main event status. With modern-day 50/50 WWE booking and a lack of stars being made, I donā€™t think there is a modern-day equivalent.

Nakamura recently beat Ray Mysterio and Daniel Bryan in the same night and by the time you read this, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if your struggling to remember when and why.

You know the saying ā€œIā€™m going to beat you in the center of the ringā€?

Iā€™ve always wondered, isnā€™t it harder to beat someone near the edge of the ring? Beating your opponent to the point they can not move their body for a rope break would be harder than just to the point of not being able to kick-out.

1 Like

Brian from New York

If Bullet Clubā€™s upper card scene hadnā€™t been so diminished last Summer because of travel restrictions and EVIL instead turned on LIJ to join Suzuki-gun, would the last 7 months of his work have been seen more favorably than it is today? With match style and the depth charts of each faction being noticeably different than each other, could that have eliminated many of the criticisms leveled over his push? On the other hand, would it have done less to make him seem like a main eventer being in a group that lately has been more midcard? Does it change nothing? As NJPW moves into a year that may be without Jay White, it feels like a good time to re-assess what was done with their other, non-Ospreay main event heel turn.

Alex from Edinburgh.

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, any plans to return to doing a live/call in show with a slightly more friendly time for international listeners?

The old hangout time of 8pm in the uk for the hangout was great.

I understand you have to do whatā€™s best for business, yourselves and focus on biggest markets etc but just thought Iā€™d ask as was always fun catching up with you guys every now and then.

Cheers as always