ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

Hey Guys! I know you are both homeowners and have to deal with all the things that may come up with maintaining your home. What are some of the most important things you’ve learned? More importantly what was your proudest moment as far as fixing or repairing something in your home on your own? I recently had my washer and dryer both break down with separate issues and managed to fix them both after watching youtube videos. Thanks as always for all the entertainment you provide!!

Roy from Rhode Island

Hi John & Wai,

In instances where I’ve heard you both recount the early days of Post, you usually indicate that your intention was to give Post a period of time (around six months or so I believe) and to decide on its future viability at that point.

Do you remember a milestone, a moment, or something similar when you realized that Post would be viable, and would be your career for the forseeable? If so, can you speak to how that felt, particularly given the circumstances that resulted in Post being founded?

I don’t know if this is common Post Wrestling knowledge but can you disclose why Ask-A-Wai has kept it’s name from the old LAW days and the review shows have changed names?

1 Like

Rod from England

I’ve always imagined John being a dog person and Wai being a cat person, do you have any pets now and did you have any growing up?

1 Like

Imran from Huddersfield

What do you think about the idea that some have of the Night 1 Main Event of Wrestlemania not counting as a true “Main event”?

For me, the fact that they still have to sell tickets to night one, and at least some of that depends on a huge match to finish off the show would give it validity as a true Wrestlemania main event.

I’ve recently been going through the Rewind-A-Wai archives and just listened to your ECW Anarchy Rulz review from November 2020. Jon’s anecdote about seeing Sabu wrestle at Medieval Times in Toronto led to you both saying you how you needed to do a night out at Medieval Times when the pandemic was over with the whole Post Wrestling crew. Did this outing ever end up happening? Might be a good Post office holiday party, if not.

PS: I recently upgraded my Patreon tier to Double Double so that I could hear Jon’s audio news update.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

• Gruns

With the possible return of Sasha Banks to WWE do you see Sasha Banks making a deal with WWE to allow her to do NJPW/STARDOM so that she have a match with Giulia and we soon see WWE x NJPW & WWE x STARDOM even now that AEW x NJPW is now nothing more than a “loophole forbidden door” with Jay White, Aussie Open and soon Ospreay! Have a happy new year!

Chris, Nevada

This question is directed towards Wai. With Jonathan Majors being fired from Marvel Studios, what direction do you think they should go would you recast Kang or go with a completely new villain for this phase, and if so what villain would you like to see in that spot?

Jesse from the 6

John, as an experienced Baseball Mogul™, would you have signed Ohtani to a Seven-Hundred-Million dollar contract?

1 Like

Excluding licensed music, what wrestler entrance themes would you consider your personal favorites? Would any ever make it onto one of your Spotify playlists?

Luk from Québec!

What do you think were the biggest positives and negatives from Lucha Underground? Could you see another show with a similar format come back and what influence do you think it’s had on the current product, if any?

Guys, this is more of a personal question if you don’t mind me indulge and if you don’t feel comfortable talking about it, I understand. Just wondering if either of you are religious at all? For me, I am passionate about the faith and with Christmas, I really believe that Christ is the true reason for the season. He rescued me from a path of darkness I was in as a teenager both mentally and emotionally. I’m still not perfect by any means but accepting Christ into my life gave me a better outlook on life, and a true love for myself and for others in a way that far exceeds any dreams I had for myself. Sorry for the tangent, but how about for you both on how you look at faith?

Hope you both a peaceful and Merry Christmas coming up. Grateful for this community.

1 Like

Do you guys have any insight into the finish of wrestlemania 9? I vaguely remember reading that (unsurprisingly) Bret was less than pleased to be letting Hogan take the glory but I have never really found out the story around how that finish came about and the aftermath of it.

Thanks for everything you guys provide us and wishing you and your families a wonderful festive period.

Amit from London

1 Like

Anthony from Melbourne

(Please skip if it has already been discussed in the past)

I did leave a voice memo but the mailbag looked a bit light this month so I had a bonus question if your happy to read it (I can always re-post next month if not).

Wai mentioned in passing recently that he took up Uber driving for a period.

Do you have any interesting stories from your time being an Uber driver?

Did you have any rowdy party animals that you had to calm down, maybe someone made a mess, or maybe you overheard a phone call that seemed shady and you couldn’t wait to drop that passenger off?

Or was it just a standard uninteresting job that wasn’t all that eventful?

Jesse from the 6

If I may be allowed a second question:

Wai, you mentioned last night on Rewind-A-Dynamite that you’ve read some Beatles books this year. Which ones did you read? My favourite is Revolution in the Head by Ian MacDonald. In it, MacDonald goes through every Beatles song in the order they were recorded and lists who played which instruments and discusses the song’s composition. It’s excellent.

Take Care

1 Like

Hey guys,

I noticed that SNME Radio created a new show bringing back the “Live Audio Wrestling” title. I was just wondering if you guys heard about this happening before it came out, if you have heard it and your thoughts on the title being used again.

Thanks.

1 Like

Is there any word on why AEW stars and merchandise aren’t plastered everywhere in the same vein as WWE’s? Do you feel this is a budgetary issue or a strategy? I remember as a young child seeing equal amounts of WWF & WCW in places, but as I was Christmas shopping my local Walmart had about 4 AEW action figures in totality, with countless WWE affairs. I see commercials with WWE stars but can’t recall the first or last time seeing the equivalent with AEW…

Hey Guys

Reports are that the Toronto Bluejays were in play for Shohei Ohtani for around $600 Billion dollars.
Do you as casual fans expect anything from the team in terms of signing free agents in the future? Does ownership owe it to the fanbase now that it is known they have half a Billion dollars to spend on talent? Like in wrestling, would signing 2 or 3 stars with that money raise your interest level any? I feel like John seemed to enjoy his baseball experiences this summer and the new rules really do speed up the game for a better watch.

Thanks
PETE

Luk from Québec!

Hey guys! I wanted to ask you, while I’m sure you’ve gotten used to it and have developed a shell over the years, have you ever been shaken or affected by a negative comment or message that you received? Just in general, as somewhat public figures, how do you handle or deal with negativity online?

Appreciate all the work you do to keep us informed and entertained!

note: This question arised after the first Strickland conference where he dropped the homophobia.

I’ve been a hardcore MMA fan since the Rampage slam on Arona, where teenage me was astonished a powerbomb worked in a real fight.

But it’s only in the last few years, where I’ve felt a burden being a fan of the sport due to the inherent bullshit rampant at every sector of it.

This “bullshit” includes but is not limited to fighters being exploited by their promotions, inconsistent matchmaking, and a toxic culture of fans and promotion that has reached Jerry Springer levels of cringe.

So now onto my questions:

• Wai, when did you start disengaging from being a fan? Was it just due to lack of bandwidth or was it a lack of interest?
  • John, have you ever felt so disgusted you considered stepping away from covering the sport? And are there any conditions within the sport which would make you second guess covering it?

Thanks,
Adi