ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

Are you guys going to be at the Podcast Convention for the All In show this Labor Day Weekend?

Hi guys,

With the WWE having a ridiculous amount of talent under contract and very little seemingly leaving at present, could you see a show like NXT increasing in length?

In the weeks since Wrestlmania we have had no appearances from the likes of Velveteen Dream, Lars Sullivan and EC3. An extra 30 mins per week would allow these to get more TV exposureand probably wouldn’t cost much more to tape.

1 Like

Paul from Burlington Vermont

1. Do you ever see Vince hand over the company to Paul “HHH” and Stephanie before something major happens to him or do you think he might sell it outright to some major company. If so when do you think he might have someone else take over. He’s getting up there in age and recent backstage sightings, he’s looking kinda rough.

2. Not that I want to see anyone lose their WWE careers, but why do you think they really haven’t made a major releases? Usually they have a big list made up right after Wrestlemania,but the last 3-4 years they haven’t had a major release list. Just 1 or 2 here and there and that’s when contracts are up or some type of legal stuff going on like the Enzo situation.

Anyways I hope one or both questions get answered on the podcast. I like to hear the response verbally.

Keep up the awesome job you guys have been doing. Been listening since the “LAW” days. First time to been able to support POST wrestling and becoming a Pateron Member.

Who is the next generation of Canadian wrestlers we should be looking out for? Love you guys! Post wrestling 4 life

For Wai… with the success of Straight Outta Compton… would you like to see a movie based on Wu-Tang Clan… or would a Netflix show work better to fully tell their story (i.e. Episode 1 them Growing up, Episode 2 - Prince Rakeem and the Genius days, etc)… any actors you could see play any of the members?

Is there any legit animosity towards you guys and Agnew? I see him take shots at “post” during his show… and it bothers me a little bit because I want to like everybody! lol

2 Likes

Jesse from Tulsa

I personally would love to see the main event for
next year’s Wrestlemania be Brock Lesnar defending the Universal Title against Daniel Bryan. I think that match would be huge! The classic David vs Goliath match! I have two questions for you guys

#1-What do you think about this match highlighting Mania next year?

#2- With Daniel Bryans past injuries and Brock being known to sometimes get a little carried away in matches, do you think the WWE would be a little nervous about putting these 2 guys in a match together?

Love what you guys do. Keep up the good work!

Have either of you watched any of Cobra Kai on youtube? If so, what did you think?

Enjoyed your discussion on production and lack of credit that area receives publicly. Does it surprise you events like WM are never nominated for Sports Emmys or special event Emmys? With the network, could those qualify for the same awards Netflix shows do, and aren’t these productions as impressive as Tony’s or the SuperBowl which regularly get nominated? Not saying they absolutely should win but always puzzled me Mania never gets nominated.

Along these lines do you think WWE would get more serious about their documentary style productions if real award recognition could be gained?

2 Likes

Binged the entire season in one sitting. Cobra Kai way exceeded my expectations.

Do you think the 3 Shield members have reached the potential that people saw for them when they were teaming? If no, is it because of WWE/creative, their own performance, or both?

Beverage wars; Pepsi or Coke?

1 Like

How do “NJPW Road To” shows air in Japan? Is there weekly TV there? I guess I take for granted the promotion exists OnDemand for me in North America so curious what’s its like following the product in Japan week to week

Hey John and Wai. What are your thoughts on WWE regularly sending champions to the ring first? Personally I’m old school and like pro-wrestling presented as as close to a real sport as possible (accepting the irony of that statement!) and think challengers should always be first to the ring and champions last. Cheers.

Boyd from Glasgow (pronounced Glasgo, not Glasgow - not trying to be a dick btw!)

2 Likes

Burak from London

Can you see Kassius Ohno transitioning to working at the PC once he decides to stop wrestling? The talent this guy has for wrestling, story telling and the ‘little things’ is simply great.

Imran from Huddersfield

Question mainly for Wai (though John can chime in)… We all know John has mastered Sapolsky, Vince and Anderson Silva, but in your opinion was is his most underrated impression?

For me it would be either Edge or Chyna… though his John Cena is pretty good too.

1 Like

David- Ireland

Riverdale Question for John:

Who in your opinion is the biggest Heel on the show?
For me Archie is the Roman Reigns of the show.

He makes arrogant and short-sighted decisions and puts others in danger. I find that he has little redeeming qualities.

Did the final few episodes redeem Season 2 in your view?
I felt Season 2 got lost at the beginning but finished strongly.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Do you think Roman being the only full timer to main event a Mania since Bryan hurts the other performers? Possibly in terms of fan perception

1 Like

If you could pick any dream match of all time in their prime who would you want to see?

For both of your… pick a Film and Wrestling match you would like to see again for the First time so you could experience the shock, excitement, anger you felt at the end of it all over again.

Wai, have you watched Dragonball Super at all yet? And if you have what do you think about it?

John what are your favourite shows that are outside of wrestling?