ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

Thoughts on intergender wrestling? By the looks of the Librarian gimmick in AEW they might be implementing it and I know Impact has toyed with the notion a bit. I personally am yet to see an integender match that truly looks believable.

Given the news that Brock is “retired” from MMA and allegedly wants to retire from pro wrestling at Mania 36, what do you see as realistic options for that match/program and what do you think WWE does with him in the meantime? I think it’s damn near a lock that he regains the title at the Saudi Arabia show.

As I listened to you guys on my way back from vacation in Orlando, it begged the question; have either one of you ever been to any big theme parks (Disney World/Land, Universal Studios, Six Flags, etc) If so how do you feel about roller coasters and do you have any favorite ones in particular; also any fond memories of attending any of these parks from your childhood or adulthood. Cheers.

Let’s say AEW gets a good TV deal and are set for awhile. Do you see the likes of Omega and the Young Bucks still showing up at Indy shows randomly? After Omega and Jericho arrived in the Georgia indy and Omega said they won’t ever forget their roots, I could see them doing random appearances from time to time to always have a buzz going.

Brandon from Oshawa

I’m curious about the days leading up to the last Monday Nitro. Do you know if there was rumors of what was going to happen? Was there any talk of more WWE performers showing up on Nitro? What about Vince himself? Looking back now, I guess it’s easy to say, since the invasion failed, but I think it would have been an even more epic moment, to see Vince show up on WCW Nitro.

Jesse from the 6

Question for Wai: Would you rather eat an entire bag of salt & vinegar chips or watch a 25-minute Taichi vs Baron Corbin match?

Take Care

Does wwe still make long form documentaries? Or is it only the short network versions now

Imran from Huddersfield

A few weeks ago I recall John saying how much he liked Jacques Villeneuve when he was younger - which got me thinking, who are both of your favourite ever:

Canadian Sports person (no wrestlers please!)
Canadian Musical Artist
Canadian Actor

Also, is Lennox Lewis viewed as a Canadian Boxing legend? We always say he’s British over here, and I think he see’s himself as British… despite him representing Canada in the Olympics.

Has Daniel Bryan surpassed CM Punk all time? He’s had so many successful iterations where he was one of the best in the world

Chris from Queensland, Australia.

WWE are now into year two of their ten year deal with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

After “Greatest Royal Rumble” and “Crown Jewel”, with “Super Showdown” now also comming up do you think we will see a Women’s Match by the end of year seven (2024)?

Even if they are wearing full body suits like the “Alexa Bliss - Sasha Banks match” from the Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) house show in December of 2017.

Tyler from Orlando,

Have either of you ever gotten any speeding tickets or similar driving violations? I’ve only been pulled over 3 times in my 22 years of life but got tickets ALL 3 TIMES! Any tips for getting out of a ticket? Should I tell the officer he or she has nice sunglasses?

Shirjeel from Philly Suburbs.

I love listening to you guys! But, I’m listening to the Rewind-a-Raw for May, 13 and you’re twisting a knife in my heart with all this talk of the lucky shot that eliminated the 76ers. I guess you owe us one from 2001.

My question: When did you first see Vince Carters game 7 and series losing, missed jumper? I watched it live on TV and was surprised and very thankful he missed! It was a good chance!

Thanks for all that you do to make the Patreon fee way more than worth it!

1 Like

Sean from Toronto

Did you listen to the wrestling reports on the Talking Yellow Pages hotline in the 1990s and do you know what happened to the people who did those reports (I believe their names were Dave Curran and Jeff the Ref)?

Brandon from Oshawa

Kind of a similar one to Sean from Toronto, but I remember calling a hotline from what I think was the Toronto Star, but I’m not 100% sure. There was a wrestling report on there by a guy named Joltin Joe. I always used to get my ppv results if I didn’t get a chance to watch.

Do you guys know of him? Did you listen? Where is he now if you know?

Whenever the ratings are down, or there’s a bad angle, or someone called up from NXT doesn’t get a proper push, I always see comments online that “things will be better when Vince retires/dies and Triple H is in charge.” My question is this: will Triple H actually be the one in charge if and when that happens? Or will it be more of a combination of both Triple H and Stephanie with Hunter in charge of creative direction and talent, and Stephanie in charge of the business side? And what of Shane McMahon? I know he has his own business ventures outside of WWE and is more of a talent at the moment, but I often see him next to Vince when they show a behind the scenes look at the gorilla position. I would love to hear you guys discuss a realistic post Vince WWE.

1 Like

It was Norman da Costa who did wrestling report on star line

416-350-3000
Ext 23 I think for wrestling

I called 3-4 times a day for a few years. That and 1-800-GOLFTIP

The number I used to call was 292-1010 and the guys name was Joltin Joe. Maybe it was a different hotline I was calling.

Hey guys, two questions for you:

1. Are you planning on adding more full time reporters/article writers to the website other than John at any point in the future?
  2. Have you thought of naming the MMA post show “The Wai-in”? Or are puns with Wai’s name are exclusive to shows he participates in?
    Thanks a lot.

Captain America wielding Thors hammer was a high spot that was established and finally payed off over several films. My question is if Vince McMahon was running Marvel how much earlier would this angle have been hot-shotted? Also I think we can all agree that Rhodey would have been called Viking Machine once “called up” to Civil War. (or would it be Civil Experience?)

2 Likes

How does Bill Goldberg, who is Jewish, get the ok to work the Saudi Arabia show?