ASK-A-WAI: Questions Thread

Anthony from Melbourne

John, you have mentioned in some recent podcasts you have been reading a book about the failure of the aol merger with time warner.

I am unfamiliar with the merger being a failure but it sounds like an interesting topic, what was the name of the book and I don’t mind spoilers so what were your overall thoughts on the book itself?

I would also be interested to hear your take on how the failure of this merger impacted wrestling? (I’m assuming it contributed to the fall of WCW)

Thanks for all the hard work guys, love what you do!

Luk from Quebec!

I think most wrestling fans are somewhat familiar with Botchamania, and I know you guys are too, but how much Botchamania have you watched? Do you keep up with it at all? Do you have a favorite botch in wrestling that has really stuck with you over the years?

I apologize in advance as I’m sure you’ve answered this before but - What is your favourite Wrestlemania?

James - Liverpool

Ive just watched wrestlemania 19 - Brocks top rope plunge has to be the worse botch ever

Robbie, from London Ontario

As someone who’s gotten into F1 from you guys talking about Drive to Survive, and checking it out myself, I’d love to hear what teams or drivers you’ve gravitated too, and if you’d consider maybe a Patreon podcast talking about each race. The more John & Wai F1 talk the better! Keep up the awesome work guys.

Has there been a point where either of you has wanted to stop watching RAW or Smackdown based on either WWE’s gaffes as a company and their bad faith treatment of talent, or just how poor the content of the shows are?

Hello from the borderlands of Texas! A couple of quick questions. Are there any plans of making another volume of the Pollock vs Ting audio cassette, perhaps even a version as a vinyl record? Also, do you you all have a personal physical media collection (books, movies, music, etc.) or have you decided to go all digital?

Hearing former NXT and WWE talent that languished backstage despite exceptionally gifted in-ring performers speaking out about their experiences within WWE and how unaware the creative staff are of what is happening on any other show aside from RAW and Smackdown… Why would anyone that can work want to resign from WWE and risk getting shelved, or displaced?

Hearing Athena retell her experiences in NXT 2.0 with the staff pressuring women to wear more revealing ring gear and sexualize their presentation is incredibly disheartening and just further proves the lack of representation for women in WWE.

Jordan from Kitchener,

Any thoughts on an podcast on F1 from you two in the future? Has this new love entice you to get the f1 2022 video game that drops this summer?

What is your favorite Power Rangers season?

1 Like

Fairus from Malaysia,

I love the F1 talk from both of you, especially from a casual fan standpoint coming from a follower of this sport. From Drive to Survive, which driver’s story arc is your favourite? Mine would be Danny Ric’s switching teams and Gasly’s redemption.

Imran from Huddersfield

On a recent Rewind-A-Raw, John mentioned how Randy Orton came close to being let go on a few occasions in his younger days - which I think is an interesting thing to think about, as to me, Randy is probably one of the more architypal WWE wrestlers, with his slower more methodical style, so with that in mind - how do you think he would have done outside of the WWE system? And what is an opponent/dream match you’d like to see for him of someone outside WWE.

You’re both often asked for book recommendations, and non-fiction seems to be the clear preference for your reading habits. Any novels (of any genre) spring to mind that you’ve enjoyed?

Brian in New Jersey.

My question stems from the most recent Rewind-A-Smackdown. What would you say is the last thing you saw on a wrestling show that made you laugh in bewilderment (“what the f am I watching!?”), prior to the debut of Max DuPRI?

1 Like

Anthony from Detroit

Wrestling has taught us that men in suits are heels, from the horsemen to Vince. Do you think the suit is holding Cody back from being a monster baby face?

Chris Elliot

Who do you guys think has a harder job? Excaliber doing his card rundown or Crofty’s race intro and grid line up?

Thoughts on the She-Hulk trailer?

(Sorry if this has been covered already? I don’t think there’s been an MCU Later since it dropped)

Salutations my fellow Canadian brothers been a minute since we spoke I have a question that I’ve been meaning to ask you. Please give me a chance I beg of you at the Mercury of the court. Help me out help a homie out please hear me out ok I’m a little nervous……my question is

-do you think Gerald Cotton faked his death to keep all the crypto he stole from QuadragaCX?

Mad love all day my brothers

Brandonfrmnj

Hey guys, curious to get your take. Steve Austin has famously said over the years that if a wrestler doesn’t have a desire to be world champion, he has no business a wrestler. I don’t know if he was speaking in kayfabe, but I totally get what he’s saying. Every athlete, in wrestling; MMA; etc, should have the want or drive to be the best at what they do. Do you agree or disagree with this sentiment? Does this still apply today in a world where kayfabe is dead and buried?

Brandon from Oshawa

What is the deal with Rick Martel? We have never seen him come back to do a special guest appearance. I know he isnt a huge name, but i was always a fan and i think he would be someone fun to pop up and do segments with Max Dupri and his Maximum Male Models.