Being the Elite thread... (Spoiler Warning)

Agreed completely, but I would have liked to see them pivot within the story, instead of Cody’s justification - even if it was a good Space Jam spoof.

1 Like

Tama Tonga? :stuck_out_tongue:
He has posted as much on his Twitter/Instagram

Moxley?

Page was going to lose anyway, so he can still take the L.

Would it be to much to just not have him wrestle and really play out the story.

Dustin Rhodes/Runnels. This dude deserves to be the first AEW champion. That dude was around since Royal Rumble ‘91. He deserves some ounce of a major championship win.

Here’s my thoughts on BTE that I incoherently likened to Save By The Bell last night on the POST Show:

If you go back and watch all great sitcoms of the late 80s/90s you realize how f’n campy they were. Zach Morris used to call Time Outs and freeze the rooms. Urkle had a machine to become Stefan. One of the best Boy Meets World episodes was a spoof on Scream to reunite Corey and Topenga.

Well why can’t BTE evolve to be a bit sitcom, a bit reality series, a bit storytelling device to drive wrestling angles. And I think that combination has massive crossover appeal.

Perhaps nothing intrigued me more on social media by wrestlers than their personal lives and seeing who they are friends with and the couples and travel life. I want to see that stuff because it makes me care about the performers as people I root for. It’s why I’m so invested in The Elite - they’ve invited me in to their lives via a YouTube show and to answer Cody, I will follow them for it.

Total Divas serves as a great companion piece to a lot of stretches in wrestling time albeit a few months or a year late. If that was more real time think what it could do to develope stories or even spark feuds in new ways that don’t follow the tropes we are all sick of.

We always want backstage stuff to matter. For payoffs. BTE has basically be than for The Elite but without a home promotion to pay them off. Now they have it. And frankly, 2 hours a week is still a lot of TV time to feature lesser known talent and The Elite can’t wrestle nor should they wrestle on every TV episode. This gives you the stars on the show and reduces the need for needless matches that make guys feel like low card filler. If I’m selling this 2 hour block to an advertiser I’m selling it as live action wrestling mixed with sitcom drama. Best of both worlds - sport and reality, along with ample opportunities for product placement and on site shooting. I think it’s a great formula, but admittedly, I’ll always be bias.

2 Likes

I like your thought process and it makes perfect sense. Btw, Zack Morris would still be in Rikers, with all of the random shit he pulled.:joy::joy:

3 Likes

Man, Zakk was a sociopath

1 Like

:joy::joy:. That dude created a backward-masking cassette tape, in order to brainwash chicks, to hook up with them. This dude makes MJF look like a babyface, Daniel Bryan. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Tremendous editing in the behind the scenes episode. The shot of Guerrilla when Moxley comes out was very cool
to see.

And fun to have Masa back.
Masa and Tyson on Being The Elite. Wtf is going on?

1 Like

Loved the return of masa. And the return of flip!!

1 Like

Yes, Flip was a great cameo

:joy::joy:

1 Like

This killed me.

When you remember the way The Elite has
Mocked groups in the past this isn’t a serious bit and Moxley sells it with his facials perfectly.

1 Like

MJF filming vertically, on his phone, is a great heel move. This and Walter hitting the cowboy in the knee was hilarious. :joy::joy:. Btw, I didn’t realize the NJPW Melbourne show, a UFC Fight Night, and Fyter Fest are all on Saturday.

Walter is the best and loved Christopher Daniels pay homage to Peter Griffin

Ep. 173,One of the better BTEs in awhile. We got storylines playing a role in the show

2 Likes

I may be in the minority but I really hope they don’t bring in Punk. He seems like an entitled asshole who is too good for wrestling until he needs a Pay cheque.

He was a delusional idiot who tried UFC. He screwed over his best friend in Cabana repeatedly. He puts down wrestling every chance he gets until he needs money.

Why can’t he just stay away? Stick to being in the sidelines

1 Like

The MJF scarf bit was hilarious and I liked seeing the backstage stuff from Dynamite. Still hate the Kenny story though.

Buckle up! He’s just getting started.

3 Likes

I enjoyed the return of Hangman to BtE and it was a good companion episode to set up the Page Dustin tag team.

1 Like