Bianca Belair and Shayna Baszler

Honestly haven’t missed either of them. Bianca while very athletic and good in the ring was an awful “babyface” while in NXT and boring one note heel, we get you are UN DE FEA TED. even though you lost a few matches. And Shayna while having great presence was an awful promo. burying all her opponets, not sure she knows the bulldog bob brown rule (you build opponets so you beat someone worth beating, not bury them, cause you either beat no one or you lost to no one) plus her matches were never anything special. Her NXT womans title reign honestly sucked. Her 8 Title matches at Takeovers she had the worst match in 6 of 8 of them.

Not to throw a softball here, but it baffles me that Nia Jax gets more TV time than either of them.

I honestly think why they aren’t used properly is very simple. They don’t fit the Vince McMahon archetype. Not to be too cynical. He’s never gotten the whole MMA thing. And Vince notoriously affords the most opportunities to pretty blondes. And I’ve seen people say the blonde thing is antiquated. It is to an extent. NXT throws that out the window, of course. But, it’s not just about the handful of people who have broken the glass ceiling like Sasha or Asuka. It’s about who’s given the most opportunity.

Vince affords the most opportunity to women who fit his preferences. Lacey Evans, Carmella, Mandy Rose, Alexa Bliss, etc. They got more chances early on. And all of them are talented in their own right. I don’t want to discredit them. But, they all were called up when they were all very green. In contrast, Asuka took a long time to break through the language and was rewarded for how she performed in empty arenas. Becky is someone fans wouldn’t let them bury. Yes, things aren’t as bad as they’ve been. The roster is more diverse. But it’s very fair to be critical that the most opportunities go to greener competitors first due to said aesthetic preferences. It’s an opportunity thing. Plus, if you put all that aside, it only takes one performance he deems unworthy early on to tank your entire career (EC3). Shayna especially has always had a controversial style. People who don’t fit Vince’s mold need to work a lot harder for that TV time.

As for Bianca, I think her callup was 100% logistical. They wanted to keep her and her husband together (I think they’re married?) on Raw. And Triple H probably had nothing for her in NXT, and wanted to move on to the next crop of upcoming women. If they cared at all for her, her debut wouldn’t have been some weird run-in. There’d have been vignettes or some sort of means to hype her up. I mean, Raw is 3 hours long. They’d prefer 4 Big Show segments than dedicate time to build up either through squash matches.

Things can always change. And I’m ultra cynical with how Vince McMahon operates. I hope I’m wrong and both get a chance to shine. But, I think both will have a very long journey before they’re taken seriously. Which is a tremendously heartbreaking thing, given how great they both are.

I think y’all are stuck on the “blonde” thing & miss an even more common denominator…Old Man Vince digs “traditionally hot white chicks”, especially after they go through the patented “WWE Personality Enhancement Process”.

Now go back & do the math…That 33% starts to look more like 50%-70% depending on that month’s programs.

There are exceptions that rise above the septuagenarian’s gaze (Asuka, Nia, Nikki Cross, Sasha & Bayley), but we can deduce why can’t-miss talents like Bianca or Shayna fall behind. And FTR, Nia is national treasure. #NIAlist :100:

1 Like

He like traditionally hot white chicks at all. I mean what you have 4 active black women (3 if Ember counts). 2 Asian women. Nia and Tamina are really the only ones that are larger women.

I would :100:% rather see Bianca or Shayna than most of the duds on that list.

Tin foil hat: they are Being punished for not beating AEW in ratings while in NXT and for not helping pop a rating when Queen Charlotte or The Man Becky went to NXT in the winter(?). Not sure how WWE misses with either Shayna or Bianca…then again they completely wiffed with Bayley’s first babyface run and also did not capitalize on Asuka consistently for years. So maybe 2022 will be good

Yes, and it took years for Vince to understand how to use the Rock.

That list could go on forever lol. From the ringmaster Steve Austin, to the purposed “Cowboy” Bret Hart, Issac Yankem/Fake Diesel, Hunter Heart Helmsley etc.

Yes of course, I thought the Rock was the most relevant one.

1 Like

There is a perfectly reasonable & sound decision to make here.

Billie has dark hair & Peyton has blonde hair. Give them all the women’s championships.

Fin

No I get that, I wasnt looking to disagree with your point, I was more so adding to it. Given the context of this thread, he is.

Another one, anyone remember “Faarooq Asaad” and that ridiculous super hero costume he wore lol

Well yeah, don’t you know that bald people can’t get over?!

I think I just heard some glass shattered

I would love to be in the room when some of these decisions are made. Probably like an episode of curb your enthusiasm.

1 Like