Big E reiterates that he's a fan of Shingo Takagi, feels WWE is at a place where there could be talent exchange with NJPW

Originally published at Big E reiterates that he's a fan of Shingo Takagi, feels WWE is at a place where there could be talent exchange with NJPW

E has always enjoyed Takagi’s work.

To cap off WWE’s WrestleMania weekend festivities in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, there was one more day of WWE World and there was a Fanatics Live signing hosted by Tyler Breeze and Big E. 

As their conversation moved along, Big E reiterated that he’s a fan of New Japan’s Shingo Takagi. He added that he thinks WWE is at a place now where there maybe could be a talent exchange with New Japan. 

My thoughts on New Japan? I enjoy New Japan, I always have. I love that wrestling is in a really great spot where people have a lot of different options. There’s a ton to watch, a ton of different styles. I love Shingo Takagi. I think he is very, very talented. There’s a ton of great talent in New Japan and I feel like New Japan has really greatly influenced a lot of the style of just modern U.S. wrestling. At least we all think we can make it in New Japan. A lot of us dream of doing a run in Japan, or doing a G1. But, it takes a toll on you from everything I hear and yeah, so… It’s really cool to see Shayna (Baszler) at Bloodsport. We’ve seen more — Regal’s son. I feel like now, we’re in an atmosphere where you might get to see a talent exchange between New Japan and WWE. That’d be cool.

Shayna Baszler and Charlie Dempsey were in action at GCW/Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport. In early 2024, Dempsey debuted for All Japan Pro Wrestling and challenged for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship

If the quote in this article is used, please credit Fanatics Live with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.