Bret Hart attacked at Hall of Fame, WWE issues statement

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/04/06/bret-hart-attacked-at-hall-of-fame-wwe-issues-statement/

During Saturday night’s WWE Hall of Fame ceremony at the Barclays Center, a spectator jumped into the ring during Bret Hart’s speech and tackled the former wrestler to the mat.

Onlookers immediately stormed the ring and took the intruder out with several performers jumping in. This included Davey Boy Smith Jr., who was in attendance and commented afterward:

Glad I was able to help my Uncle Bret Hart tonight at the WWE Hall of Fame. That “fan” was lucky I was being held back. As Rickson Gracie said “If we fight for money, I’ll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I’ll stop hitting you when I feel like it.

Hart appeared to be okay and was able to complete his speech alongside his nice Natalya for the induction of Hart and the late Jim Neidhart.

The WWE issued the following statement to POST Wrestling regarding the incident:

An over-exuberant fan surpassed our security at ringside and made his way briefly into the ring. The individual has been turned over to the proper authorities.

Have to say that is such a weak way to describe Hart’s assaulter. That man wasn’t out to hug Bret Hart. Calling him just an over-exuberant fan is pretty gross

Uhhh…hate to say it, they go back to the stage setup for the hall of fame.

I’m sure the fan regrets it after meeting travis Browne and dash wilder, really hope there’s no repercussions on wilder.

I hope Wilder gets a Universal title run

2 Likes

If the plan is Hawkins gets his big win to break his losing streak at Mania… Vince should tell him next Mania kid… Wilder’s going over.

1 Like

At less he got charge with assault and got beat up a little bit before he got taken out of this arena. The guy is the reason wrestling fans are looked down by the mainstream media and he should really be banned from any wrestling event in the u.s for the rest of his life.

I’m shocked that something like this can happen in 2019. This is like 1998 WCW esque drunken hillbilly fan type stuff.

1 Like

Going through this guy’s Twitter makes me think he’s not all there. Or maybe he is just an idiot. Either way, I don’t think his day went the way he planned it and now he’s having to nurse a few injuries…

What’s his handle?

I don’t think he has a handle on anything :corn::corn::corn:

1 Like

@iAmMad______sen

https://twitter.com/iAmMad______sen

So then thats why WWE is calling him over exuberant in their statement. He’s going through mental issues. Gotta be wary with your words