Bron Breakker addresses NXT crowd before WWE Draft: 'As far as what the future holds ... It's not goodbye'

Originally published at Bron Breakker addresses NXT crowd before WWE Draft: 'As far as what the future holds ... It's not goodbye'

Just weeks before the WWE Draft kicks off, stand-out talent Bron Breakker gave an emotional speech to the NXT live audience.

Breakker, a two-time NXT Champion, had his sole tag team championship reign alongside Baron C0rbin put to an end by Axiom and Nathan Frazer on Tuesday’s television episode. Shortly after that loss, Breakker gave a speech that made it seem as if he could be leaving the brand soon.

“We came out here tonight to really thank all of you,” Breakker said. “I got my start right here in this very building, from day one, back in NXT 2.0. Right here in the WWE Performance Center, since day one, all you guys have been on this journey, on this ride with me the whole time. So I cannot thank you enough.”

Breakker went on to thank those who helped him become the wrestler that he is today.

“I want to thank Shawn Michaels for giving me the opportunity to come back here along with all the Performance Center coaches that are here every single day working their butts off to create the future for WWE. I want to thank all the competitors that have pushed me all the way.”

He then finished his speech by thanking Corbin, whom he has teamed with in recent months. He then finished his speech by saying that it was not goodbye, then lifted the microphone up for the crowd to finish the line.

“Right now I want to thank my tag team partner Baron Corbin,” he said. “Look man, we fought alongside each other, we fought against each other, we kicked a lot of a** together, you know what I’m saying? We became world tag team champions, one of if not the best tag teams in the world. In a short amount of time, I can’t thank you enough, man. Not only are you a phenomenal competitor, one of the best athletes I’ve ever been around, but you are my friend. As far as what the future holds for the Wolf Dogs or Baron Corbin or Bron Breakker, right now, it’s not goodbye.”

It was announced Monday that the WWE Draft will take place on April 26 and 29, beginning on an episode of Smackdown and then concluding a few days later at Raw. It has already been announced that champions Ilja Dragunov and Roxanne Perez will be eligible for the draft.