Chris Hero recounts fun interactions with Konosuke Takeshita

Originally published at Chris Hero recounts fun interactions with Konosuke Takeshita

High-spirited interactions between Takeshita and Hero. 

Coming up on April 14th, in conjunction with West Coast Pro Wrestling, Chris Hero’s Pro Wres Mixtape event is taking place in Los Angeles, California. Hero is scheduled to be in action and he’ll be facing former KO-D Openweight Champion Kazusada Higuchi. 

To promote the event, Hero joined josephweirdness on Twitch. In addition to his work with West Coast Pro, Hero is a producer for All Elite Wrestling. He recounted fun interactions he’s had with Konosuke Takeshita when they cross paths backstage. 

We had a surprise (in one of my matches for West Coast Pro Wrestling) where Konosuke Takeshita came out and surprised and we had a six-man tag and just to stand on an apron alongside those guys (Takeshita & Titus Alexander), they’re both — I mean, Takeshita, what the hell, right? Come on man. Every now and again, I’ll be walking down the corridor and I’ll see him and I’ll just give him a little shove because I’m like, come on man, quit it. Quit being so in shape and great and good-looking and you know, come on man, quit it.

Hero returned to in-ring action in November 2023. He’s wrestled in three matches since then and one of those was at West Coast Pro’s show in February where himself, Takeshita and Titus Alexander bested Adrian Quest, Danny Rose and Ricky Gee.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit josephweirdness with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.