CM Punk Promo Bingo

2 Likes

“Cry me a river”
Target
The Devil
Elite

1 Like

It won’t be an open mic. I’m sure he mentions very little about AEW. Just says he wants to be back home and go after the real world title

2 Likes

I am betting that given his exit and likely legal ramifications surrounding AEW, there will be nothing said about them or referenced.

1 Like

It’s too much legal hot water with likely NDAs etc. look at the Cody and Tony thing. They won’t talk about it either.

Punk likely just steers by it and TBH people want to see him back in WWE not really just to bury AEW

This is going to be the real “PG Punk”.

He will talk a lot about momentum, the WWE Universe and putting smiles on faces.

3 Likes

It’s fun to joke/speculate, but I think that is closest to reality. Maybe take one tame shot at AEW, but then it’s on to business.

And if the Rollins thing is a work, I think you need to do something to get that program moving and squash that narrative (and if it’s a work and they DON’T want to squash that narrative, I’m already sick of it).

Yeah honestly I could see them referring to AEW as the minor leagues and that’s it.

It was interesting hearing HHH take a shot at AEW about Jade, basically saying that she didn’t get much development there. Again, probably true.

I like the idea of Seth interrupting Punk’s promo immediately.

Fantasy Booking idea:

CM Punk comes out. Soaks in 5 minutes of applause. His first words are “it’s good to be back” and before starting a 15 minute monologue Seth immediately interrupts saying “nobody wanted him back”. And then they engage in some back and forth.

It turns Seth heel. Establishes Punk as the next title contender. Moves Seth away from Judgement Day because that feud has to be over after War Games. They could even tussle for a bit getting Seth “suspended” so he has some time off for his back. And prevents night 1 from being all about AEW.

1 Like