Creed Brothers reflect on their NXT Tag Title win at In Your House, discuss organic crowd reactions they've received

Originally published at Creed Brothers reflect on their NXT Tag Title win at In Your House, discuss organic crowd reactions they've received

Julius and Brutus look back on their tag title win.

Kicking off the one-year anniversary of NXT 2.0 will be The Creed Brothers (Julius & Brutus Creed) challenging Pretty Deadly (Elton Prince & Kit Wilson) in a Steel Cage for the NXT Tag Team Championships.

Julius and Brutus are one-time holders of the titles and they first became champions at In Your House in June. While speaking to Jim Varsallone, Julius and Brutus looked back on that tag title win, having their family in attendance for it and the reactions they’ve been receiving from those in attendance at shows.

Brutus: It was definitely surreal . I’d hope not… but the ‘Creed Corner’, it’s funny you mention that. We actually didn’t start the ‘Creed Corner’. The fans did, so hey, as long as the Creed Corner’s rocking, we’re rocking so…

Julius: It’s kind of been an organic thing, you know? We don’t have the second generation blood, people aren’t behind us because of someone else that came before us. I think we’re paving the way for future generations and that’s something a lot of people can resonate with. We weren’t given anything, we’ve had to earn it for ourselves and I think the fans can resonate with that. Everyone out there scratching and clawing and fighting and just trying to provide a better way for their loved ones and that’s the goal here. That’s why we show up and we work as hard as we do, that’s why we believe we’re the best and that moment at NXT In Your House was kind of just the culmination of some of that work finally getting to come to fruition. Like Brutus said, growing up, we lived a super busy life. I look back at the life that my parents lived and I don’t know how they did it. I have so much respect for it. My mom’s up at 5 o’clock, she’s going to work, making sure we’re getting off to school. My dad’s already at work at that point. They’re working all day long. My mom’s coming straight from work to pick us up from a practice to take us to another one, to take us to another one. Then cooking for us, putting us to bed, waking up and doing it the next day. The time that we spent together was on the way to workouts, on the way to wrestling practices, in the car playing with WWE action figures, watching WWE so to have them down here — and my dad was a huge WWE fan growing up — to get to have them down here and kind of all that symbolic and memorable experiences come full circle was a great moment but I can tell you, as Brutus told me he loved me standing there next to the barricade, I was telling him, ‘It’s just a step in the journey to get to the destination because as sweet as it is, I don’t want it to end’ and you know, I think there’s bigger things for us to come. It made us hungrier so hopefully, it’s just the first taste of success that we have here in WWE as well as the first taste of getting a title in this company.

In addition to the tag title Steel Cage match, here’s the complete lineup for the NXT 2.0 one-year anniversary show:

• Cameron Grimes & TBA vs. Tony D’Angelo & Channing ‘Stacks’ Lorenzo
  • Nikkita Lyons & Zoey Stark vs. Kiana James & Arianna Grace
  • NXT North American Championship: Carmelo Hayes (c) vs. TBD (Fan-vote)
  • Fallon Henley vs. Lash Legend
  • NXT Tag Team Championships — Steel Cage Match: Pretty Deadly (Elton Prince & Kit Wilson) (c) vs. The Creed Brothers (Julius & Brutus Creed)

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Jim Varsallone with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.