Darby Allin recovering well after being hit by a bus in New York City

Originally published at Darby Allin recovering well after being hit by a bus in New York City

Darby Allin has revealed that he was hit by a bus in New York City while taking time out with a broken foot.

He described the incident, in which he was not seriously injured, in a Saturday night post on his Instagram account:

The 31-year-old stated:

That awkward moment when your crossing the street in New York with a broken foot and get hit by a bus……

Least I can have a good time with @raymond_pettibon_ and catch a broadway show lol

The post includes two photographs, both showing Allin with a bandaged nose.

It is not known exactly when the incident occurred. In one of the photographs, his nose is badly swollen and there is dried blood and surgical tape around his upper lip.

In the other picture, the injury seems to be healing well as he attends a Broadway show with artist Raymond Pettibon.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by DARBY ALLIN (@darbyallin)

Allin broke his foot in a match with Jay White during the March 13th AEW Dynamite special, Big Business.

Raymond Pettibon is a prolific countercultural artist who is heavily associated with the punk rock scene, having created album covers for bands such as Black Flag, Sonic Youth, and Foo Fighters.

Holy shit. Glad he’s not injured any worse.

1 Like

Crazy that this happened while just casually walking in NYC. So glad he’s okay.

1 Like

Wow! That could have been very bad. Glad he’s ok.

Is the bus ok? :drum:

1 Like

Ryusuke Taguchi :handshake: Darby Allin

The most based type of injury that could happen to them.

Bus driver: “I did it… for The Bucks.”

3 Likes

Are we sure it was a bus and not a white hummer? :thinking:

1 Like

I saw this on twitter, but Darby is a real-life Looney Tunes character. Next, he’s gonna run off a cliff, stay in the air for a few seconds, then fall and only have a few bumps and bruises.

Wow. In a way, something like this is probably going to reinforce Darby’s already devil may care attitude. If you’re gonna get creamed by a bus one day and that’ll be that, may as well get Everest and your bump card taken care of first.

1 Like