Darby Allin wants to plant an AEW flag on Mount Everest

Originally published at Darby Allin wants to plant an AEW flag on Mount Everest

Darby Allin plans to scale Mount Everest in the spring of 2024 and has said he wants to plant a “big AEW flag” there.

In an interview with Fightful, the 30-year-old told Sean Ross Sapp that he had discussed the idea with AEW boss Tony Khan:

I told him. I said, “Hey, I’ve got this idea. If there’s a way to get more eyes on the company,” like I had been doing with the Travis Pastrana and Tony Hawk stuff, ‘There’s more eyes to get on the company through extreme stunts. I’ll be the guinea pig for that. What about me climbing Mount Everest? No wrestler’s ever done that before. What if I just plant a big AEW flag on top of Mount Everest?”

Allin added that there was “method to the madness” and that it was not a case of “homie going into the mountains and disappearing.” He noted that a team from Discovery had been in touch to document the climb.

He noted Khan’s initial reaction to the plan:

He was down at first, then he started thinking, “Wait, it’s Mount Everest. You might die.” I said, “Tony, I think I got this.” I really believe I got this. It’s a big thing to me to do.

Allin added that the endeavor would also be a way to give back to AEW, noting the potential for interviews with big national outlets such as Good Morning America.