Dates and locations announced for the G-1 Climax

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/04/01/dates-and-locations-announced-for-the-g-1-climax/

During Sunday’s Sakura Genesis card, New Japan Pro Wrestling announced the dates and locations for the G-1 Climax tournament this summer.

The 28th annual event will take place from July 14th – August 12th with 19 events, culminating in three nights at Budokan Hall with the final nights of the A and B Block tournament, as well as the finals.

The schedule also includes two shows at the Edion Arena in Osaka, as opposed to the usual one stop in Osaka.

Kevin Kelly mentioned that they are working on providing English commentary for every show and that each night will be streaming on New Japan World, which has been the case since the service launched.

[wp_ad_camp_1]
Below is the complete list of dates and locations for the G-1 Climax:

July 14th and 15th in Tokyo at Ota Ward Gymnasium

July 16th in Sapporo

July 19th, 20th, and 21st at Korakuen Hall

July 22nd in Hachioji

July 26th in Niigata

July 27th in Shizuoka

July 28th in Aichi

July 30th in Kagawa

August 1st in Kagoshima

August 2nd in Fukuoka

August 4th and 5th in Osaka

August 8th in Kanagawa

August 10th, 11th, and 12th at Budokan Hall

1 Like

I love the multiple days in Osaka and at Korakuen. These are always the show stoppers and means less long bus trips for the boys.

Question for @johnpollock that I’m sure he’ll get alot: Kota ibushi was banned from budokan hall. What are the chances this isn’t cleared up by the final nights in G1?

I’m of the impression it isn’t something too concerning. While I can’t confirm, I would be very stunned if it affects any plans.