Dream Summerslam 2018 Card

Now that the Superstar Shakeup is over, I felt like putting together a little dream card for Summerslam. Let me tell you…this was not easy. This roster is so jam packed, I feel sorry for them. This being Summerslam, one of the big and longer shows, I gave myself a little more room to have more matches on the card. Come regular PPV time though, I see so many people being left off the shows. There are so many guys and girls that you HAVE to get on, there is just no spot at all for others. I’ll go into some of the matches I left out after my card reveal…

Universal Title
Brock Lesnar© vs Bobby Lashley
(I think this is the way to go for Brock. Even though I feel Roman will win it, I think this is a big time match that people will want to see and Lashley is a belivable threat to Brock.)

WWE Title
AJ Styles© vs Samoa Joe
(AJ’s run as champ comes to an end here. Joe being the monster heel champ on Smackdown I think would be tremendous.)

U.S Title
Jeff Hardy© vs Shinsuke Nakamura
(Since I’m not putting the WWE Title on Nakamura yet, I think this is a good way to go for him and continue his heel run against a big fan favorite.)

IC Title
Seth Rollins© vs Elias
(I love Elias, but I debated this one a lot. I stuck on this one because I just feel like Elias is a superstar and if he can get better in the ring, I think he will take off)

Smackdown Tag Titles
The Usos© vs The Bar vs The Club
(I gave the Usos the titles back, because I think there are more options for them. I’m not really a huge fan of this match, but I’m a proponant of all your titles being defended.)

Raw Tag Titles
Matt Hardy/Bray Wyatt© vs The Revival vs Authors of Pain vs Ziggler/Mcintyre vs American Alpha
(I’d put Alpha back together now that they are on the same show, to tease Jordan going full on heel and building things between those 2 and Kurt.)

Raw Womens Title
Nia Jax© vs Ember Moon
(Nia is better as a heel in my opinion and I’d turn her soon, which would build up to this match.)

Smackdown Womens Title
Asuka© vs Charlotte
(I’d have Asuka take the title from Carmella, which would lead to Charlotte challenging Asuka for the rematch, teasing Asuka that shes the one person, Asuka cant beat)

Daniel Bryan vs The Miz
(This is just a natural and should happen at a big show)

Ronda Rousey vs Alexa Bliss
(You want Ronda on the show and Alexa is a great heel to go against her)

Andrade “Cien” Almas vs Randy Orton
(I think Almas is a superstar and I’d be building him huge. A win over Orton on a big show is a good start)

Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs Braun Strowman
(I can see this match happening, probably sooner than later. I’d hold off until Summerslam though)

Roman Reigns vs John Cena
(I’d keep Cena off TV until the build for this show. I’d have Roman go on a losing streak, which started at Wrestlemania. Roman needs something big, Cena returns, he also needs something big. That sets up this match, where I’d have Cena win and Roman finally snap and turn heel.

That is my show. There are so many other options I played around with. Some other matches I penciled in or plans I had…

New Day vs Sanity
Big E vs Big Cass
Xavier Woods going for the Cruiserweight Title(which I had no room to put on the show)
Almas vs Rey Mysterio(I didnt want to add another guy into the mix, so I changed to Almas/Orton)
Rollins vs Ambrose(Dont know when he will return though, I’d probably go with this if he is healthy)
Rollins vs Jordan
Rollins vs Jordan vs Gable
Owens & Zayn going after the tag titles, but I removed them and put in The Revival, because I needed something for Braun

Like I said, I feel bad for a lot of guys who are going to have to be left off some shows. The roster is so stacked right now. I dont ever remember a time when it was this big. I also had absolutely nothing for Finn Balor. I just couldnt find a place where I wanted to fit him in.

2 Likes

There’s a few matches here that I REALLY love.

1. Jeff Hardy Vs Nakamura - Didnt know I wanted this match till just now!
  2. Rousey Vs Bliss… This would be a great match for Bliss to slide out of the ring and try to keep away from Rousey, ends in a Rousey arm bar after 10 or mins…
  3. Almas vs Orton… great idea. Gives Almas the boost he needs, allows Zelina to talk down to Randy, and gets Orton on the card.
1 Like