Eddie Edwards re-signs with IMPACT Wrestling

Originally published at Eddie Edwards re-signs with IMPACT Wrestling

Eddie Edwards is staying with IMPACT Wrestling with a report stating that the wrestler has signed a new deal.

Justin Barrasso at SI.com reported that Edwards has re-signed although the terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Edwards stated:

I’ve been here for almost eight years, and I’ve done a lot. And there is still a lot more for me to prove.

Edwards, 38, came to IMPACT Wrestling in 2014 as part of The Wolves with Davey Richards after working together in Ring of Honor.

With Richards, the two won the TNA tag titles on five occasions before Edwards struck out on his own and became a two-time X Division champion and won the IMPACT championship twice.

His first IMPACT title reign occurred in October 2016 after beating Bobby Lashley. In June 2020, he won a five-way elimination match to secure the vacant championship and held the title for two months before losing it to Eric Young.

Edwards recently turned heel going against IMPACT to align himself with the Honor No More group.

Edwards is also a former Ring of Honor champion, winning their championship in March 2011.