Ever-Rise & Daniel Garcia vs. Moxley, Allin & Kingston set for 8/4 AEW Dynamite

Originally published at Ever-Rise & Daniel Garcia vs. Moxley, Allin & Kingston set for AEW Dynamite

The former Matt Martel and Chase Parker are debuting for All Elite Wrestling.

As the 8/3 episode of AEW Dark rolled on, a promo segment aired featuring Daniel Garcia alongside Jeff Parker and Matt Lee, the former ‘Ever-Rise’ in WWE. The trio issued a challenge to Jon Moxley, Darby Allin and Eddie Kingston and that match was sanctioned for AEW Homecoming on 8/4.

2.0 (Matt Lee & Jeff Parker) have arrived in #AEW, & aren’t wasting any time! They’ve aligned with Daniel Garcia & challenged 3 of the top names in AEW @JonMoxley, @MadKing1981 & @DarbyAllin! GM @TonyKhan has just sanctioned this match for #AEWDynamite TOMORROW night Live on TNT! pic.twitter.com/Xcvd9vyPSQ

— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) August 4, 2021

Lee and Parker were released from WWE in June alongside the likes of Breezango (Fandango & Tyler Breeze), Tony Nese and The Bollywood Boyz.

Last week on their YouTube channel, they dove into their time working for WWE during the beginning of the pandemic. The duo told all and to read their comments, click here.

1 Like

Dead at one of the Twitter replies that said “Here come the AEW fans to pretend like they were fans of Ever Rise”. With Miro and Black most likely wining good way to get 3 Main Event Baby faces to get the crowd excited and we are guaranteed CM Punk chants

Very happy to see Garcia get a major opportunity like this.

Not expecting this to be more than a quick spotlight for three of AEW’s top faces - but excited nonetheless.

Yeah, I don’t anticipate anything more than a squash, but because everyone in AEW is so nice to each other, I expect a modicum of offense. From the outside looking in, the 30-day non-compete for 2.0 went by fast!

1 Like

Kingston goes back pretty far with 2.O - so I could see him trying to give them an opportunity to show what they can do. I want to say that the tryout that 2.O got hired from, was one that Kingston was also in, that didn’t go well.

I firmly believe Garcia will spend the next several years becoming a king of the indies-type, and internationally renowned talent, who will have every door open to him in about four or five years, and write his own ticket. He’s 22 right now, and insanely talented.

1 Like

Wrestling can be fun sometimes

1 Like

That moment was fun, as was the point where Matt Lee marveled at “the real Sting” before being nailed by Darby’s suicide dive. The match was longer and more competitive than I thought, but I enjoyed it AND I’d be all for Garcia and 2.0 getting more opportunities.

As a long-time Chikara fan, don’t I know it.

1 Like