Originally published at EVIL & Toru Yano to compete in 'Creation of Darkness Blindfold' match
The stipulation for EVIL and Toru Yano’s KOPW provisional match has been set for their bout on April 28th. Their bout will be one of six matches on the night including an IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title match.
A total of 28,000 votes were cast to decide the stipulation for Yano versus EVIL and they will compete in a ‘Creation of Darkness Blindfold’ match. The other option was a ‘Darkness’ match that was proposed by EVIL. Here’s the description of the ‘Creation of Darkness Blindfold’ match from NJPW1972.com:
The two will now face off for the KOPW 2021 trophy in a Creation of Darkness Blindfold Match! Four blindfolds will be put on each cornerpost, and an opponent must be blindfolded in order for a decision to be rendered.
Below is the announced card for the 4/28 NJPW ‘Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni’ show:
- Gabriel Kidd & Tiger Mask vs. Yuya Uemura & Yota Tsuji
- DOUKI, Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi vs. Jado & Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa)
- Master Wato, Ryusuke Taguchi & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Gedo, Taiji Ishimori & Yujiro Takahashi
- Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Tetsuya Naito, SANADA & Shingo Takagi) vs. The United Empire (Aaron Henare, Jeff Cobb, Great-O-Khan & Will Ospreay)
- KOPW 2021 Provisional — Creation of Darkness Blindfold Match: EVIL vs. Toru Yano
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships: Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) (c) vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado