Fan jumps the barricade before MJF/Chris Jericho segment gets underway at AEW Road Rager

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/07/07/fan-jumps-the-barricade-before-mjf-chris-jericho-segment-gets-underway-at-aew-road-rager/

A fan attempted to jump the barricade while MJF and Chris Jericho were in the ring.

As Chris Jericho and MJF were in the ring for their sit-down segment at AEW Road Rager, an individual attempted to jump in the ring. On the AEW broadcast, the camera cut away to the audience after Jericho was seen taking a swing at said individual.

Jericho and MJF did mention what occurred in their segment.

A fan just tried to attack Chris Jericho and MJF.
"I welcome any other one of you fat white trash hicks to jump in the ring too, so I can beat your ass!" pic.twitter.com/ogOqExVhpo

— SkullsMedia.com by GIFSkull (@SkullsMedia) July 8, 2021

Tonight’s Road Rager edition of Dynamite is AEW’s first show outside of Daily’s Place since March of 2020. POST Wrestling will be recapping the show after it goes off the air. Head over to this link for the next edition of Rewind-A-Dynamite.

Not. Worth. Publicizing. Especially when it’s not mentioned here that the guy was taken away by security. People seeing my comment here on the actual web page, you should know to never do this.

Also, he didn’t attempt to jump the barricade, he got on the stage and almost into the ring.

2 Likes

In general I agree with John and Wai’s comments about wrestlers leaving these things to security, but if you look at some of the fan footage you can see that it’s just one security guard trying to restrain a man of equal size on his own for a good little while - Jericho’s assist seems a lot more reasonable with the rest of the footage in context. Also, bully for Justin Roberts pulling the dude’s legs out from under him.

3 Likes