FEEBACK: WWE Royal Rumble 2024

LIVE right after the Royal Rumble

We will try our best to get to as much feedback as we can

Brandon from Oshawa

The Mens Rumble is still going on and i have to say after 30 entrants, this is an all time bad rumble match. Its been boring, badly booked, no interesting surprises. The Womens match blew it out of the water.

Jay from Colorado

Will make this real quick. Match of the night for me was the women’s rumble. They booked that thing fantastically all the way through, and I was happy with the Bayley win. But my spot of the night was Jade eliminating Nia. That was the chef’s kiss.

Stig from the UK

PLE started off strong with what I think is the best womans Royal Rumble to date. It was really enjoyable, had some really good surpises and most importantly was all done with current gen wrestlers, there wasn’t any need for nostalgia bait. I’m really happy Bayley won and thought Jade looked awesome. A great way to introduce her. After the stand off with Bianca I would 100% make that their Mania match.

Rest of the card I was pretty checked out on though, but at least in the men’s title match they did well to make Knight and Styles a part of the match and it not just seem like it was all about Orton and Reigns. Bored of Solo getting involved in every match though.

Mens Rumble was quite dull to be honest. It wasn’t bad but also wasn’t great. Crowd seemed pretty checked out on it too. I’m not mad Cody won, it makes sense but I was all in on Gunther and a heel winning it for once. Maybe next year. The biggest anoyance I had from the mens Rumble was having the Usos start and then doing zero pay off with it later. It seems like a massive waste of their story.

Anyway its 5am here, would love to have stayed up and listened to the show live but I’m shattered. Amazing covering on everything thats gone down this week. Much love, Stig.

Greetings from Sweden! The show just ended and it’s 6 AM over here.

All in all, I think it was a good show. The Women’s Rumble match was the match of the show. It was the best one they have had so far. They managed to use what they had in the roster to the fullest instead of relying too much on outside surprises. This match managed to stay on its own merits on its two legs, and stand tall it did too. Jade Cargill’s debut was an all-timer. Good on Bayley getting her white whale!

A lot of the mythology surrounding 99 overall rated Roman Reigns dominance gets lost on Solo Sikoa shenanigans. At least it managed to create a good foundation for AJ Styles vs LA Knight at WrestleMania.

Logan Paul vs Kevin Owens was a good match with a creative finish that was handled well.

It’s funny that I had a conversation with one of my best mates today where we agreed that the matches usually are super memorable, or fucking shit - seldomly “just okay”. This year, it was just okay. They succeeded well in presenting current affairs where they failed to build towards new, interesting affairs.

The first time that someone won a back-to-back in 26 years - I wouldn’t have wanted to see this trigger being pulled any earlier than it was. It was the perfect moment to do it. Compare it to The Undertaker’s Wrestlemania streak between 1991 and 2014 = 23 years.

Fun detail - Carlito at this Rumble was as old as his father Xarlos Colon was during his surprise appearance at Royal Rumble 1993 - 45 years old.

7,25/10 - worth staying up for. Elimination Chamber at 11 o’clock here will be fun to watch!

Robbie from London.

First WWE show for me in 10 months and……it was alright. Great woman’s Rumble, decent World title match, but thought the men’s Rumble was pretty poor. But as the resident TNA guy around here I lost my gaddamn mind when Jordynne Graces music hit and she came out wearing the Knockouts World tot even! Definitely improved that Corey clearly knew her and Michael Cole called the title by the right name this time lol. Even with McAffe not seeming to have a clue, but very happy with her presentation.

Jordan from the Bronx

A very mid show with some bright spots. Most of the WWE women do not have any presence, as the crowd sat on their hand for the majority of their Rumble. A lot of male talent are competing with each other for the same opportunities, and none of them seem to break away from the pack.

Question:

• With Cody winning, does that kill any chance of The Rock at Mania this year?
1 Like

Not a great show. Women’s Rumble had a nice ending and the fatal four-way was mediocre. Kevin Owens is quietly on one of the best runs of his career. His match with Logan Paul was laid out really well and had interesting ideas. Even the limb work was well done. I even though the finish was creative. Men’s Rumble was a bit of a slog until we got to the final four, the guys they invested time building. The final four was good, and Cody winning was a great moment. They have something in this guy. The crowd even chose him over Punk. Got to pull the trigger in Philly.

I’m overjoyed about both Naomi’s and Andrande’d returns during the HHH era.

I think the Women’s RR was amazing. Perez, Stratton, Cargill, Grace, Naomi, And more had epic showings.

The men’s RR, predictable. Rhodes needed the win to challenge Riegns, but I’m glad it went down the way it did and I loved the Punk Heel teases.

McIntyre vs. Zain, and Styles vs. LA Knight all set up.

And JADE FTW… Such a great showing.

I didn’t watch this but from all accounts the men’s rumble was a train wreck with Sami Zayn at number 30 (a year too late?) and a final
Two that the fans didn’t react to

1 Like

I get the reaction to the Mens Rumble, I liked it, but it wasnt amazing or anything. This line surprises me though, there were tons of CM Punk chants, and I felt they were going pretty crazy for the final two. Are you talking about online reaction? Or do you mean in the stadium?

I wasn’t there and I only saw the highlight but from everything it didn’t seem super hot at the the end.

I think it’s because it doesn’t matter who won - both are likely getting the WM matches they want

1 Like

The last line is a fair point. See I was into it, but more so because I really wanted Cody to win to ensure the Roman match, as going in I thought Roman was locked in with Rock. So when Cody won, I actually popped which I rarely do in wrestling now a days.