What did you think of week 2 of Continental Classic Blue League action with the return of Brian Danielson and a rare non-October appearance by Abadon?

A show like this one (and Wednesday’s) can hopefully be taken as proof that talk about AEW recognizing their recent missteps and trying to get back to their roots is more than just talk. Mox’s promos have been speaking to the frustration that hardcore fans like myself have been feeling over the last year, and while having a babyface feel the need to draw upon real world criticism of a promotion is never ideal, it’s nice to have someone acknowledging what the ever-chipper TK simply will not.

Anyone who’s gone deep into the weeds of a round robin tournament knows that you should come out of it with far more than just a winner, and Brody King picking up some notable wins and a losing streak bringing out the hungry animal in Garcia are exactly some of the threads I hope we’ll see picked up in January after the tournament’s over. I simply cannot care less about who the Devil might be at this point, but I damn sure care about the journeys of Kingston, Garcia, Swerve, and others through the CC.

Any chance we’ll be seeing you on hard-cam on Wednesday, Kate, and given that Ethan Page and the Willow/Mercedes stories seem to be moving up to AEW proper, any guesses as to what you two will actually be reviewing in a couple of weeks for Final Battle?

1 Like