Let us know what you thought of tonight’s episode of Collision, the penultimate episode before Revolution.

Andrew from Cape Breton

I guess Tony Khan must have been upset after losing his Wrestling Observer Booker of the Year award and said, fine, here’s your damn Malakai Black singles match. I do feel they could be heating up Malakai to be a future challenger for babyface champion Swerve Strickland. With rumours of Page being out of the match, it does seem like they could end up strapping the rocket to Swerve, and they need heels for him to face. I think I also need to rant about one unfair criticism of AEW, and that’s the lack of story in some of their matches. I’ve heard a lot of wrestlers talking about storytelling within the context of their matches, and I think that was the case tonight with Bryan Danielson and Jun Akiyama. Not only did they tell the story within the match, of Bryan trying to size up the older Japanese legend to try and take him down, but you had Eddie Kingston discussing the importance of this match on commentary. Wrestling storytelling isn’t just getting mad at someone for putting their nametag on your locker or having a crush on a wrestler and building heat with that.

Speaking of which, I feel this is an unpopular opinion, but the NXT women’s division is the worst-booked division in all of wrestling because everyone is presented as a High school student. I say this, not only because NXT has made me listen to the great Degrassi Jr. High theme song over and over, but the recent build of the women’s division in AEW. They seem to be building up more characters on TV with more TV matches, and that helps a lot. My hope is Mercedes Mone is demanding more than just getting on TV, but a division that could be built around her, where she can get a decent amount of TV time. That’s been the issue with AEW since its inception, is the lack of TV time. At least they’re all playing adults though.