What did you think of tonight’s episode of Collision? Is the New Elite your thing? Are you enjoying the regular CMLL appearances? Whatever you’re thinking, get it all off your chest.

New Elite are rad. Bucks are the best tag team ever, which makes it impressive that they always work even better as a trio; whether it’s Kenny, Cody, Hangman, Ibushi, or now Okada, their work as part of a trio is unmatched. Looking forward to the trios match at Big Business.

Speaking of, I’m jacked PAC is back and is immediately looking like a big deal facing off with Okada. I matched the crowd with a ‘holy shit’ since I didn’t read any spoliers and was mega surprised at his appearance. I know Swerve and Ospreay are likely next in line, but man, PAC is at the top of my list as a guy I want to see with the World Championship.

Eddie versus Okada at Dynasty is obvious enough; do we get Bucks versus Death Hypotenuse, too?

Like JoMo, I was very glad I managed to stay spoiler free for what turned out to be a great, if pretty front-loaded, Collision. Watching Danielson effectively trying to one-up Ospreay in terms of turning a fait accompli TV match into something special was great, and in addition to being exciting in and of itself, PAC’s return helped to establish Okada as a heel.

I’ve been thinking about the number of Collision mainstays who’ve been MIA of late, like Rush and Starks, but I’m now wondering if the tag tournament will be used to reintroduce some of them. Like Kate said last week, the tag belts are in need of some rehab - what team would each of you be choosing to do that coming out of the tournament?

Also, if you haven’t seen it, be sure to watch the backstage vid the Bucks and Okada did, featuring more Omega/Okada teases:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1766647662982603092

Andrew from Cape Breton

Before commenting on the show, I wanted to comment on the conversation about the film that got Kevin Kelly so much heat online. It actually has a connection with POST Wrestling, as one of the people who found out information about the person whom the film was about was a recent guest on Pollock and Thurstan, that being Tim Marchmann. He even talked about it on the show. So, I would encourage people to look into what Tim has found out about what he and Anna Merlan have reported on Tim Ballard and Operation Underground. That and the God Awful Movies podcast I listen to that reviewed the movie has painted my view on Kevin Kelly, and I’m more understanding of Ian Riccaboni’s view on Kevin, especially considering Ian’s real job as a sex education teacher. It gives a bit more context.

So onto Collision. It is still going out of its way to try and establish talent, as it usually does. Mariah May is excellent, and her performances show that she’s someone who could be a main event player in the future. Collision continues it’s run as being AEW Superstars, but it’s doing a good job in establishing people and making them feel important. I also enjoyed the main event, as it gave the House of Black a strong win, and my hope is that Malakai fights for a singles title sometime soon.

1 Like