Leave us your feedback for Rewind-A-Dynamite.

Special start time - 10:20 p.m. ET after the extended episode:

I love AEW and I loved this episode ! AEW Made me
Fall in love with wrestling again and I’m so happy they are around. Sammy sucks! Long live RUSH

Hernis from Long Island

John you just came out with a great piece earlier today about “it’s probably too extreme to state AEW is at a crossroads”… they surely want to put that to the test.

On a positive note… Wardlow is finally out of tag team hell (for one night only it seems) and had a great singles showing.

*John, your hope of the Tales from the Territories not being a roundtable of wrestlers telling “their” stories and ribs… Well I watched the Memphis episode and it was 5% of old videos + 95% of them talking about their memories

Cody From Maine

A really enjoyable show with clear cut directions for essentially everyone featured on the show. Especially within the women’s division. This was the type of focus for them that people have been clamoring for.

The only real negative was yet again what went on behind the curtain. But the on screen delivered.

Jay from Colorado

MJF vs Yuta was fantastic as I expected. I would love to see an extended program with these two.

I was glad to see Brian Cage back, but they have to cool it down with these factions. There’s too many to keep track of.

I’m glad they kept Saraya off of commentary during the six woman tag, but now I’m even more confused about her role in AEW. Is she a manager? a comissioner? A wrestler?

The HFO/AFO storyline is my least favorite thing in wrestling next to backstage altercations between wrestlers behaving like children.

I was listening to last weeks review of rampage show and someone mentioned AEW being in small venues, I never noticed it until tonight. Besides a few angles, AEW really feels likes it’s cooled off a bit. Now that the WWE has become interesting again I’m going to have to make some tough choices on Friday. It doesn’t help that you guys got me hooked on F1 as well. Japanese Grand Prix this weekend!

John had it right with his article about AEW being at a crossroads (big ups, by the by) as the Guevara/Andrade fracas casted a big shadow over this anniversary episode. Sammy being in the main event and winning the tag match made zero sense. Garcia didn’t need to be the fall guy and it did pour a little water on the Garcia/Jericho feud. Wardlow had his best TNT title match vs Brian Cage and they went full PWG. It tripped me out seeing him pull off the Whisper in the Wind. Yuta/Friedman was strong, the Scissoring Day celebration was delightful and Saraya got physical…sort of. (word to Pete Rock & CL Smooth)

Such a tone deaf episode.

Haven’t watched the whole show yet… MJF and Yuta were great, I really enjoyed John’s piece from earlier today. Side note, Jake Hagar in the purple bucket hat was a great piece of extra nonsense.

Sammy needs to stay off Twitter.

Jordan from The Bronx

It seems that whenever backstage drama at AEW comes to the forefront, the response from the company is putting on a great wrestling show. Tonight was no exception. The first hour of the show breezed by with great matches and story progression. The women’s tag match was fun and a great TV win for Willow. Fans have been wanting her to have the All Elite graphic for months now, it would be fun if she got it after beating Jade and winning the TBS title

The Acclaimed segment had all of the potential to be bad, but it turned into a fantastic segment. The Acclaimed went from being two singles guys randomly put together on Dark into arguably the biggest act in the company.

Now to address the issue of Sammy Guevara. Regardless of who started what, the crowd wanted nothing to do with him from beginning to end. Maybe Jake Hagar could’ve stepped in? I don’t know, but it left a weird taste in my mouth seeing him get the pinfall and then lifted up. Yes, the show has to go on, but perhaps change the actors when a situation escalates to real world violence. Maybe I’m off base here, but I found this to be a misstep on an overall great show.

Chris in Ottawa

I was really enjoying this show and was already forgetting the backstage AEW horseshit. MJF and Yuta tore it down, National Scissoring Day was a huge success…I didn’t even have the same negative reaction as John to the segment with Skye Blue and the JAS women - I thought it made sense that the sports entertainers emphasized charisma over wrestling ability.

But then my pleasant evening took a turn and the guy no one wanted to see getting the pin in the main event wound up on top. I know Sammy and Tay invited you to their wedding, but come on Tony Khan - read the goddamn room!

Oh well - at least we have playoff baseball.

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: FEEDBACK: AEW Dynamite 10/18