Join us tonight at 10 p.m. ET

Cody From Maine

Was really looking forward to Dynamite after a great PPV this past weekend, but this show didn’t quite click for me. Perhaps it was the opening 30 minutes that set the tone for a bit of an off show. While it’s a trend to have performers wrestle quickly after physical matches, it just didn’t feel right to have Swerve back in the ring so quickly. An in-ring promo may have been more effective.

Or maybe it was the MJF segment. Where unfortunately, his attempts at comedy died a horrible death in front of that Chicago crowd. Although that may have been the case anywhere, not his strongest material. And the crowd in general was…odd, for lack of a better term.

Normally AEW crowds play along with what’s going on. Tonight we heard “what?” chants for two of the most popular acts in the company with Christian Cage and Toni Storm.

Not a bad show by any means, but not “must see” either.

Good episode tonight. Good combination of story and in ring action, with some fun creative wrinkles throughout.
That six man tag was really entertaining, (Shibata and Jake Hager need a singles match ASAP) The later women’s triple threat was really enjoyable.
Definitely a Romeo and Juliet vibe with Cool Hand Ang and Ruby Soho. Daddy Magic definitely looks like a Montague.

Fun little segment with Toni Storm accepting her title. However, I have a feeling that Toni Storm has a growing problem similar to Roderick Strong as of late. It feels like the character isn’t complimenting the in ring skills of the talent, it’s more like overshadowing it.

I was happy to hear about the announcement of the Continental Classic and the participants involved. I think the mix of established stars makes a good foundation for what should become an annual event, equivalent to the G1.
I hope in the future to see more build up and maybe we can have a Post Prediction Contest for it as well.
Good matches all throughout!

PS: I think it’s safe to say that CHRISTIAN CAGE IS CINEMA.

This may have been said during commercial, as I was watching on FITE but Excalibur said that the top 2 points scorers will each qualify to the semi finals, much like the FIFA World Cup or UEFA Champions League group stages. I presume 1st in Blue would face 2nd in Gold with 1st in Gold facing 2nd in Blue, with the winners of each facing one another at Worlds End.

No idea how they could schedule an extra 2 matches but I’m sure they could find a way, or perhaps maybe Excalibur misspoke. Further confusion with the roll out for this round robin tournament.

UPDATE: These semi finals would take place on the Dynamite before Worlds End (Dec 27th), Excalibur mentioned this at around 80 minutes into the broadcast.