Join John Pollock & Andrew Thompson immediately following AEW Dynamite

I can’t imagine fans in the Bell Centre being too pleased with a shenanigans finish on that Copeland vs. Cage match.

I’m a little disappointed, since it took a match that I’ve wanted to see, between two talents in different stations throughout their WWE runs, and giving them a platform to do a match without the WWE-style shenanigans.

I feel like Switch in the Matrix kneeling in front of Trinity murmuring a painful, “not like this… Not like this,” before being unplugged.

I know this isn’t the end of this program with Copeland and Cage, but in my opinion, it’s a misstep that costs creative capital. We didn’t need a primer, or sampler match en route to a better one. We just needed the two talents working the shit out of one.

Whomever is influencing the creative, or whatever this booking trend is with Tony Khan, I hope it ends soon, or evolves into something better.

Jesse from Cincinnati! With the WBD’s TCM promotion with the Toni Storm match does anyone think WBD have a stake in AEW while WBD is a dark horse in the WWE RAW rights race and is Bryan Danielson possibly be out of the WK18 Okada match and possibly mean NJPW have a back-up plan. WWE & Shinsuke calling for Tokyo Dome maybe?

Andrew from Cape Breton

Another good show tonight. It’s crazy to say that this company is having one of its down periods, but I guess when most people think of down periods, they think of WCW in 2000 or the Hogan era in TNA. Speaking of which, it seems Aces and 8s showed up. Maybe Brother Devon is the devil. They used to drink all their beers through their balaclavas. There seemed to be a lack of emphasis on the devil storyline as the angle was really quick tonight and I like the potential direction of Page vs MJF in the future.

I like the direction everything is going in AEW and maybe instead of the on-screen product, they need to start working on local promotions of their shows, as I heard that was an issue with the Collision taping. Things seem to be turning around a bit, especially with news of Bryan Danielson fining people for their social media behaviour, which might be the best news AEW has had all year, including the Wembley attendance.

Jordan from the Bronx

The tournament matches have been mostly predictable but very entertaining. Less interference, clean finishes and every match has weight to it. If this concept could be applied more to the rest of the product, then we’d really be in business. Too often, heels resort to dirty tactics, ref bumps, run ins and other trickery that leaves competitive matches feeling flat.

Toni Storm’s matches requires a lot of quick-draw production on the fly, and most of the cues were missed. Heavily looking forward to Mox/Swerve. I thought they would have saved that for the last block match, either way, I’m torn between who I’d want to win. I big fans of both, maybe we get our first tie?

Jay from Colorado

I have a degree is in Film history and TCM is always on at our house so seeing Ben Mankiewicz introduce Toni Storm was a treat, even if most of the audience didn’t know who he was. I thought it was a cool addition.

2 Likes