LIVE at 10:10 p.m. ET

Andrew from Cape Breton

I wasn’t much of a WWF fan than a WCW fan when I was a kid, but it was really cool seeing Sting come down from the rafters. I also wear a harness for my work, and he looked to have had a nice one on under the trench coat. I’m really looking forward to the pay-per-view. I feel that Meat Madness scramble match may have been Tony changing his mind instead of the injury story, as it makes more sense to add different types of people into the match and not restrict yourself to large men, so it’s for the best. I was also impressed with Kris Statlander and Skye Blue. I’ve seen both have some bad matches before, but they really brought it tonight. Overall, great episode.

Cody From Maine

Not a home run, but a solid final Dynamite before the PPV. I’m a bit disappointed in the Meat Madness shakeup, but I’m sure the scramble will be fun and hectic. Perhaps as hectic as Excalibur’s rundown tonight…that poor man.

The main event segment perfectly showcased the beautiful stupidity of wrestling.

Why would Sting allow Darby to be beaten down by the Bucks? Why would Sting allow Flair to be beaten down by the Bucks? Who cares!? He repelled from the rafters and I cheered like I was 6 years old again. It was awesome.

I’m excited to make the journey down to Greensboro to be a part of the send off to one of the biggest legends of the industry. It’s been said many times over the last few years, but I’m so thankful that Sting has gotten this final run. It would’ve been an absolute shame to have such a legendary career end the way it could’ve after the bucklebomb in WWE.

1 Like

The go-home was a love letter to all things Sting on the eve of his impending swan song. The closing segment with him descending from the rafters to bail Darby out was cool. Hangman worked Huntsville with feigning his ankle injury completing the double turn with Swerve. Ospreay is clearly on his way out of the Callis clan.

The opening 6-man was great fun with BCC getting the necessary heat heading into their respective matches in Greensboro.

The build to Revolution has been very good and easily AEW’s best build to a PPV in at least over a year. They’ve maneuvered a lot of wrestlers into positions that should reap dividends long-term. Very good booking. However, I don’t think much of these Young Bucks’ characters outside the angle where they beat Sting and his sons bloody. This Bucks vs the old-timers shtick has been played out for many a year and is now just tired and boring. All their meta-jabs also come across as shallow when the fiction itself isn’t that strong. I also thought the ending angle where Sting lets his friends get beaten up before descending from the rafters was contrived and had me rolling my eyes. Bucks didn’t sell the surprise well either. Swing and a miss on that angle.