Tune in at 10 p.m. ET for Rewind-A-Dynamite

1 Like

This wasn’t a perfect Dynamite, but a hot crowd kept the energy up throughout. Between the ladder match chaos, that incredible Mox promo, and some solid fire from Danielson, I feel a fair bit more excited about Revolution than I did a couple of hours ago, so mission accomplished for a go-home show. On the other hand, we’re still waiting for a clearer sense of what FTR’s future might hold.

A question: if in a week’s time we’re looking at Hobbs holding the TNT title and Starks with the JAS in the rear view, would you opt to have them renew their feud? Both feel a lot hotter than they did the last time they fought, and there’s plenty of history to draw upon. But, I’m wondering if having them continue to build their stocks by feuding with veterans and main eventers in the short term would ensure that their program is higher up the card when it is revisited.

Jesse from the 6

I worked as a house painter for over a decade and I’ve been on a lot of ladders.
You’re never supposed to stand on the very top wrung. I know because I’ve done it many times and it’s always a bad idea.
I don’t think I’ve ever been more nervous watching a ladder match than seeing Will Hobbs reluctantly stand on the very top of a damaged ladder to grab that ring. But what’s harder than going up is getting down and I was on the edge of my seat wondering how Hobbs would do it. He was clearly ill at ease, but he did it! Good for him!

Take Care

David from Israel here

I didn’t really feel this Dynamite. Even though they had a much hotter crowd then what WWE usually has these days they didn’t manage to use it to put on a good go home show. Outside of the Bryan promo I didn’t feel any segment really built my excitement for the PPV and the way overlong Battle Royale for the 2d week in a row actually lowered my enthusiasm for the tag match. Seeing the competitors in the title match also makes you wonder what happened to AEW’s top star quality depth in it’s tag division.

Also unfortunately some really bad finishes tonight like The Butcher and The Blade basically throwing themselves over the top rope for Danhausen and the refs having to hold the ladder still for Hobbs instead of having him just take a new ladder.

I’m sure match quality wise Revolution will still deliver but for me the buildup to the show has been subpar.

Steve Grows Weed

After what was a bit of a lack lustre episode of Dynamite. Thought I’d give an update on our favourite Impractical Joker Brian Quinn.
After he was put through the table by JAS. He took two weeks off of his podcast. Presumably selling the injury. The second week his co hosts brought up his absence and the reason why. They had a hard time not calling the company WWE. At one point calling it AWE.
This past week he made his return and treated the whole thing like a shoot with tongue firmly in cheek. Talked lawsuits and blamed the company for not protecting him. Said that they had things pre planned but that they took it way too far.
I know you guys were super curious as to the fall out of this angle. Looks like it may be continuing.

You’re welcome :joy:

I feel the word of the night is sloppy. Never seen so many refs holding up ladders in a match. Oh well. Wordlow seems lame. Kinda like Commander. Is Jungle Boy now The Undertaker?? The Tag Battle Royal was what it was. I wish they would take time to establish Aussie Open and The Kingdom. They were just thrown in and not everybody is familar with them. Good fire from Bryan. A ho hum go home. I think with refs ánd security thêre were 75 people on the show. Lets see on Sunday. Wai you should leave your kid with granny and pa pa Ting for a date night. Nothing brings people closer together than Cocain Bear!!!

Later
Pete in Texas

The ladder match stole the show. Komander did some unbelievable stuff. Hometown Hobbs scoring the title shot does telegraph Wardlow/Joe’s outcome a little.
Ricky Starks needs to get out of the Jerichoverse ASAP, Jungle Boy needs to put Christian Cage in his rear view. Bryan Danielson’s fight for your dreams, pt 2 promo (crazy that we’re coming up on five years since his return) was terrific. Fatigue is gonna make a coward out of either Friedman or Danielson (word to Vince Lombardi)

The go home show did its job to get to Revolution.

Jake from The Windy City

Decent Dynamite tonight overall. Danielson made the most of the limited time he was given and closed the night with a good promo. As much as this show was intended to drive viewers to the pay-per-view, the Danielson promo was the only one that really felt like it may have moved some viewers who were on the fence. However, Dynamite gave you an exciting multi-man ladder match on free television. The standards for in-ring quality this promotion are very high and they’re matching it every single week.

I have a feeling in the back of my head that Revolution might have AEW’s weakest numbers in PPV buyrates, is that unfair to say at this point?

Sal from California

I was at tonight’s show live and it was a blast. The ladder match got the biggest reaction and we were all happy to see Hobbs win. Crowd was rabid for the Lucha Bros and we were all a little deflated when they got eliminated. I’m about to drive home so I’ll keep my thoughts short.

Thanks to you both for all your hard work!

Cody From Maine

Credit to Danielson, who delivered an excellent go-home promo within five minutes. But it’s those five minutes that showcase just how crowded tonight’s show was, with numerous segments that were given no time to breathe. Primarily the House Of Black attack on the Elite and the Christian/Jungle Boy segment.

The latter had less than two minutes between Christian being in the ring, the Britt/Hayter promo, and the start of the Hook/Matt Hardy match. A match which really had no business being on this card. Especially when the main story is “Hook gets the villain alone without stable interference” which is a very similar story that’s being told between Starks/Jericho. Speaking of which, was there really not a more creative final push for that feud?

Main event was a bit of a dud for me as well. Not taking advantage of the Lucha Brothers star power in favor of setting up something with Daivari and Woods? The current setup for the tag title match at the PPV does nothing to add interest for me. I’d have much rather seen a straight rematch for the belts.

Overall, not a bad show. The Moxley/Hangman promos and Hobbs getting a big win with a home crowd reaction were great. But my interest is the lowest it’s been for an AEW PPV since the pandemic days.