LIVE following AEW Dynamite from Quebec City:

Andrew from Cape Breton

So I get that Mercedes is a star, but tonight showed that she needs help with talking. I know commentary is a lot different than cutting live promos, but I think they should look at putting a manager with her. Potentially Stokley Hathaway? I also think she should have a match soon, even before the pay per view. The show was good. I do like how they book-ended the show with incredible matches, and they seemed to do a lot more with their video packages. Dynasty is looking like a good show.

Brian in New Jersey

Two very strong matches to book-end the show, showcasing two future World Champions. I was amazed that Shibata was able to have a match like that. I thought the two matches in the tag title tournament each had a few hiccups but also a lot of excitement. I thought the women had a good showing too. Mercedes less so. I’m glad they can carve out time on Dynamite for video packages like the ones they had tonight.

Not much announced for next week’s Dynamite, but I’ll be missing most or all of it as I bought a ticket today for the first live show I’m seeing WrestleMania Week: Nic & Ryan Nemeth’s Hunkamania on April 3rd at the Helium Comedy Club. Drinkers Pub that Sunday is a possibility.

1 Like

Jordan from the Bronx

AEW is currently spoiled with riches. Getting Okada and Ospreay matches between 8 and 10 pm was unheard of a year ago. The roster is deep and everyone has stepped up their game. Swerve continues to elevate his game to a different level. Willow being the number 1 contender sets up a lot of possibilities if she wins the TNT title. I’m imagining that the tag title match will be the Bucks/FTR again, but I’d like to see Top Flight get the match instead. Dynasty is looking like another banger show, I’m just upset that my new work schedule will cause me to have to watch it the next day.

Solid Dynamite tonight I thought.

Ospreay/Shibata & Swerve/Takeshita were well worth staying up past 2am for.

Shibata’s sell of the Oscutter had more snap than an evening of cards (I’m not that good of a poker player).

Swerve’s selling of the stinger from Takeshita’s brainbuster counter was very well done, Swerve couldn’t power through it and had to adapt his gameplan. Incredible sequences at the end too.

Still a little less than a month away from Dynasty but which match do you see going on last. Swerve/Joe or Ospreay/Danielson?

Also, regarding Mercedes Mone, who do you see her facing at Dynasty? I’m hopeful that Statlander gets the nod for that one.

Cody From Maine

Two very strong matches to open and close the show made for a really solid episode. I know they wouldn’t let Shibata compete if he wasn’t ok to do so, but I’ll always be nervous for him. Especially when he starts to push himself more, like we’ve seen against Danielson and now Ospreay. His grappling heavy matches when he first returned feel like a distant memory.

I really do hope Dynasty is Swerve’s night. I can’t envision a losing scenario that doesn’t result in lost momentum. Even Hangman costing him the match could end up feeling like a retread. And for Takeshita, It’s perfectly fine to lose to both Ospreay and Swerve, the two that most expect to be the next two world champions. But my hope is that they view him as a true main event guy rather than a star maker. If that’s the case, he needs a big win or storyline development moving forward.