FEEDBACK: AEW Rampage "The First Dance" / WWE SmackDown 8/20/21

I’m more interested in why 50k people are tweeting about rematches. I took a nap and woke up at 9pm, started watching the show at 9:15pm and was able to catch up live by 9:40pm. There is absolutely nothing watchable on that show except Corbin and Reigns.

That may have been the loudest pop for an entrance I have ever heard in my life in professional wrestling. The only one that compares would probably be Hogan the night after WM18 in Montreal, that was insane! CM Punk instantly becomes the #1 star in AEW, quite frankly nobody feels close. That was just awesome!

If I’m nitpicking, the only negative thing I would say is when Punk was doing his speech and he talked about leaving a place that made him sick, and how nows he’s finally back, it just felt a tad weird because its like he was pretending the WWE gig on fox never happened. Now I realize that he technically worked for FOX not WWE, but it was a WWE set with WWE talent, so I couldn’t help but have that in the back of my mind while he was speaking. But regardless, at the end of the day it didn’t matter, he killed it and the fans ate every second up, he is a guy that Vince is is going to regret loosing.

I hope this leads to Dynamite beating Raw, I feel that Dynamite doing better numbers is the only thing that can happen that will actually motivate Vince into doing something different. This is so good for the wrestling business and will benefit all wrestling fans in the long run both fans of WWE and AEW.

The other day I said I wouldn’t be ordering All Out, now I’m on the fence. On one hand I really want to see Punk vs Darby, on the other hand the rest of the card is kind of meh and I couldn’t care less about the main event. Ill wait and see.

2 Likes

Ya, thats what I love about SD lol, it takes like 45min to watch the entire show when you FF through rematches/matches that you just know will have a BS finish.

1 Like

Really unsure of how the order works. The length it has been trending might impact it?

FYI… A little after 6am, and here we are:

One thing I still can’t get over is seeing guys like 2.0 actually being used correctly. As a reminder, these guys were rotting in NXT for 2.5 years - what a fucking waste of time.

The fact that NXT/WWE couldn’t find anything for these guys to do for 2.5 years is laughable. Same thing with Daniel Garcia - if a young guy is talented there is no reason he or she has to be in “developmental” for years. Give them a shot and let them learn.

I believe we’re going to look back on NXT, HHH and his “developmental” as just a bizarre and bad time in wrestling history. It sucked

1 Like
1 Like