Tune in at 10:05 p.m. ET

If you want proof how beneficial the Continental Classic has been for this company - watch the opening moments of Swerve vs. Moxley. No titles, no traditional “storylines”, just fans standing in excitement and chanting “holy shit” and “AEW”.

The finish leads me to believe we are getting a Moxley vs. Swerve rematch for the Gold League Finals, where Strickland will get his win back. The shoulder being up / and Tas bringing attention to it felt very deliberate. Not to mention Mox holding the tights.

That is the spirit of this company, and I’d like to imagine the C2 is helping refocus a lot of what has been floundering over the last year.

Aside from a very sub-par promo battle setting up the Tag Team Championship match at Worlds End - I’d say this was a near perfect edition of Dynamite.

Very happy to see Hangman getting back into the main event mix.

Despite the twitter engagement farmers and podcast grifters out there and constant speculation over the last 48 hours (the Metlzer vague tweet, followed up by RAW to WBD speculation), I think AEW’s 2024 looks incredibly bright and full of exciting potentials.

2 Likes

Jesse from Cincinnati! This is might be the first time that the AEW special year-end episode of Dynamite doesn’t have a major world title match but now with all the rumors that WBD is going after the WWE Raw TV rights in the USA thanks to “One Bill Phil” CM Punk, is TK very worried now?

It’s back, guys. This is the Dynamite I remember. This is the Dynamite that made Wednesdays something to look forward to. This is the Dynamite that got me excited about prime time American wrestling for the first time in decades.

Was the Golden Jets promo dopey and half baked, and do I still not care about The Devil? Sure, but it’s a lot easier to forgive those segments when they’re surrounded by fantastic wrestling, and I’ll take an Omega brainfart over unfunny, over-produced pre-tape “comedy” every time.

Despite its awkward and abrupt introduction and roll-out, the C2 has been improving week by week and the sort of additional arcs and feuds a round robin tournament should have are emerging.

On a related note, I grabbed half a dozen tickets for Vancouver’s first AEW show this weekend; a lot more of my casual viewing friends were up for going to that show than when tickets went on sale for Wrestle Dream. This is purely anecdotal of course, but it feels like more shows like tonight’s should help to make AEW appointment viewing for more folks again.

2 Likes

Jordan from the Bronx

Fun show with a couple of questionable moves. The Von Erichs were relegated to a backstage segment with Orange Cassidy to set up a Rampage match. The Golden Jets promo was not for me. No Christian/Copeland fallout at all. The show was pretty loaded with matches, and the non-wrestling segments were not inspiring.

As for the wrestling, all of the matches were fun. Swerve and Mox had a big match energy. This tournament has done wonders for Swerve, Brody King and Rush. My prediction is that Swerve and Mox rematch in the block finals with Swerve getting his lick back. The Blue side I can see Eddie Kingston coming back and winning the block against Andrade in the finals.

On a side note, I try to stay away from the Internet speculation due to all of the conflicting noise, so I want to take this time to give all of you guys at Post Wrestling props for sifting through the muck and presenting information that’s honest and unbiased. Cheers!

1 Like

Had a blast at Winter is Coming. Mox and Swerve had a hell of match, crowd was rooting equally for both guys as it’s impossible to pick between those too. For those who were let down by the Von Erichs barely being on Dynamite, trust me, the rampage match is worth the hype. Let’s just say, TK dug into his pockets once again. Speaking of Rampage, there was a lucha six man match that, even with the Swerve/Mox match, felt like it stole the show. Keep your eyes out for that on Friday. Keep up the good work John and Wai!

2 Likes