Rewind-A-Wai #144 will cover ECW December to Dismember as selected by Espresso Executive Producer @POSTmaster Robert Brockie.

Watch ECW December to Dismember (WWE Network):
https://network.wwe.com/video/74722

Leave us your reactions, questions & feedback in the thread for this Thursday’s show, which will be released for all POST Wrestling Café members.

ECW December to Dismember
Sunday, December 3, 2006
Augusta, Georgia
James Brown Arena
*Extreme Elimination Chamber for ECW Title: Big Show (c) vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Test vs. CM Punk vs. Hardcore Holly
*Mike Knox & Kelly Kelly vs. Kevin Thorn & Ariel
*Tommy Dreamer vs. Daivari
*Elijah Burke & Sylvester Terkay vs. Little Guido & Tony Mamaluke
*Balls Mahoney vs. Matt Striker
*MNM vs. The Hardys

Alexander from Portland

As a lover of bad wrestling I can’t say how much I enjoyed having this show come after the shitty Thunder. Both shows were awful but in very different ways.

The opening tag was good, it was nice to see Matt Hardy pull off more agile moves that he doesn’t do anymore. Then the black abyss of this show began. I get the idea of a Striker’s Rules match but it would have made a lot more sense if it contrasted other matches on the show. The match felt unnecessarily restricted, and who the hell gave the greenlight to Striker’s outfit? That’s some of the worst ring gear I’ve ever seen. Daivari, a manager, beating an ECW legend made no sense. Hardcore Holly’s backstage promo was devoid of any charisma, but somehow Mike Knox had even less charismatic power. Between Melina, Kelly Kelly, and Ariel, there was a lot of irritating screaming on this show.

The main event was beyond dull. I read that Vince wanted Hardcore Holly to replace Sabu so Lashley would have more heels to overcome but Hardcore was eliminated before Lashley entered the match. What? Lashley seemed dumb choosing the pod with the table: you could use the baseball bat, chair, and crowbar multiple times but a table only really gets one use. Who books a match to involve a table that nobody goes through? Hardcore Holly’s elimination sucked. Test being the only active participant for a minute sucked. Lashley being the only active participant for a minute sucked. Nobody having any contact with the barbed wire bat sucked. This event sucked.

With the recent Nitro review I had some positive takeaways. At least we saw Sting win a match, a fun Flair promo, Mike Awesome being handled seriously, and a solid Bret Hart interview. With this show we got Sandman throwing his beercan to some dudes that totally did not catch it and nothing else of substance. If I were Dreamer I would have tried to quit after this show too. 2/10 ppv, at least it’s short.

Question: where are the best bite clubs in Toronto?

Question: I read that Test was trained by Bret Hart and Dory Funk Jr. How is it possible to be a bad wrestler when those are your teachers?

Jesse from the 6

You last reviewed this show on the 27th of December, 2009. I wonder if on today’s review, as then:

• John will discuss his difficulties moving his music library to the new iPod he received for Christmas, while Wai boasts he has had the same iPod for five years.

• John will explain that foul language is prohibited under the Unified Rules used by the UFC.

• John will question the meaning and origin of the phrase “balls to the wall” (a phrase I also find baffling).

• John will explain to Wai the concept behind a new show he’s begun watching called Jersey Shore.

• Wai will deem the main event “pretty decent”.

Take Care

2 Likes