Leave us your feedback for today’s New Japan Destruction in Kobe card.

We will have a POST Show for members of the Cafe on Sunday afternoon.

Destruction in Kobe:
*Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada for the Wrestle Kingdom title shot
*KUSHIDA vs. Bushi in the IWGP junior heavyweight title tournament
*Tetsuya Naito, Sanada & EVIL vs. Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr. & Taka Michinoku
*Juice Robinson, David Finlay & Toa Henare vs. Jay White, Will Ospreay & Yoshi-Hashi
*Killer Elite Squad vs. Chuckie T. & Beretta
*Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Ryusuke Taguchi & Ayato Yoshida
*Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado vs. Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask
*Roppongi 3K vs. Ren Narita & Shota Umino
*Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura

Mj
Watching now so can only comment on what Ive seen so far.
I liked the simplicity of the Yoshi Hashi story and while I hated him being in the G1, he does seem to be having story coming out of it.
Totally felt like a Jericho sighting would happen tonight. They let Evil look like the focal point of LIJ and I love how easy it is for Naito to move over and let others in the group shine. An underrated aspect of Naito is his selflessness for his crew.
Bushi entrance looked great - reminded me of the Indian ghost in Westworld.

Okay just finished and I want to take back everything I said about Yoshi hashi. What a joke.
I love the Gedo turn and it makes perfect sense. Tanahashi-White at King of Pro Wrestling and Okada and White at the dome. Love where they got Jay White to this year.

Another match of the year canidate! I’ve lost count of the number of great matches this year. Great post match angle with Jay white. The Yoshi Hashi trip looked like a shoot & he was badly cut afterward. Do you guys think they give Jay White the January 4th title shot?

Brandon from Oshawa

I’m getting kind of tired of the junior division. Kushida needs to make the jump to heavyweight, he’s so good, but he’s stuck wrestling the same guys over and over for years. He has nothing to gain from being in this division anymore. Same goes for Will Ospreay. Both should be in the G1 and get some fresh talent injected into the junior title scene.

Closing angle was great with the exception of Yoshi Hashi channeling Titus World Slide. You could see the Gedo turn coming, but it was well done. I think Yoshi Hashi should make the turn and join them. He needs a change. Do you see anyone else joining up with Jay White and Gedo?

1 Like

It wasn’t til hearing recap that I started wondering if Yoshi Hashi was about to turn and help White setting up a tag at KOPW between White and Yoshi vs Okada and Tanahashi, followed by White and Tanahashi for the briefcase at PowerStruggle and Okada and Yoshi. I doubt this was the direction and he was likely coming to counter White, but who the heck knows with how it played out.

White could be heard audibly saying what the fuck, and the improv of the chair shot was great. Made me appreciate White as more than the new guy on the block.