This Friday, Rewind-A-Wai returns with Wai Ting and I reviewing Night 3 of last summer’s PWG Batte of Los Angeles tournament.

Please leave us your feedback and any questions regarding this show and PWG.

This show is brought you by our Espresso Executive Producer: @Dyingissoscene

PWG Battle of Los Angeles - Night 3
Sunday September, 3rd 2017
Reseda, California
*Ricochet vs. Dezmond Xavier
*Travis Banks vs. Marty Scurll
*Keith Lee vs. Donovan Dijak
*Rey Fenix vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.
*Jeff Cobb vs. Sammy Guevara
*Matt Riddle vs. Penta El Zero M
*Joey Janela, Mark Haskins, Flamita, Flash Morgan Webster, and Chuck Taylor vs. Trevor Lee, Jonah Rock, Brian Cage, WALTER, and Sami Callihan
*Semi-finals of BOLA
*The FINALS

David from Idaho

Each year I look forward to BOLA as it is usually all I watch for PWG. The last few years it has given me my first taste of the hottest indy talents. I follow PWG with just results and recaps but BOLA is the only event I buy. This year I think was the best all around tournament they have put on. Night 3 is usually not the greatest night as everyone is pretty tired or saving themselves for the finals. Entirely different story this year as Keith Lee and Donovan Dijak delivered one of the hottest matches of the year. In my own personal record book it was the 2nd best match of the year behind Omega and Naito from the G1 Climax. It was incredible watching how athletic these two beasts are. The no selling spots were perfect for the audience and not overdone at all. The false finishes were all believable and even knowing the results in advance I still got caught up in the finish even when I knew Lee would kick out.

Rey Fenix and Zack Sabre Jr was put in a death spot after that match but it was very well done. The crowd was at an all time high for the weekend and they put together a match that could’ve easily been match of the weekend if it weren’t for Lee and Dijak. The big 10 man tag was a nice change of pace as it’s usually all comedy but the fact they worked it as a legit match was fun to see. The tournament final was Ricochet at his best and loved the ending sequence. I would’ve loved to see him and Keith Lee go at it one on one for awhile but the surprise quick ending was a great way to end it.

Overall the whole tournament gets a 10/10. It was super easy to watch and never had a dull moment. I look forward to this tournament every year and can’t wait for the next one.

I’ve never seen a BOLA match, but now I’m going to go out of my way to purchase this show. I like the idea of a tournament that stands apart from a regular promotion.

1 Like

Great show!

Just wanted to mention it was cute you thought BOLA tickets were 60/80. LOL They were 90 just to get in the building, even standing. I think 110 or 120 front row.

Third night was best in a couple years timing wise. 2015 tournament went on FOREVER with a near half hour Sabre/Scurll match that was just them doing what they wanted with no care in the world about the crowd dying of heat and exhaustion. 2016 was slightly better but this past year was perfect. I think it was under 3 and a half hours which was amazing by PWG standards.