FEEDBACK upNXT: February 17th 2021

Allo, allo, allo! Davie Portman here requesting all of your feedback for this week’s episode of NXT!

Braden and I will be going LIVE at 10:15EST for a new episode of upNXT or you can find by searching for “upNXT” wherever you get your podcasts.

Hiya!

• RIP Cameron Grimes’s lambo. Oh well, he’ll just buy another one. But I can’t imagine his insurance rates.

• That standoff between Dakota/Raquel and Shayna/Nia was very good, and MSK/Beth added to the segment.

• Zoey Stark has an impressive finisher, but otherwise its too early for me to form an opinion on her.

• Thoughts and prayers to COVID Kacy next week when she inevitably gets purged.

• I cannot believe (actually I can and it makes sense from a storytelling perspective, but I still don’t like it) they are continuing with the Io/Toni feud. I honestly hope Io wins and they put Toni back in the midcard. She’s pretty average at best, and she was the weak link in that triple threat match. Until she finds a way to click, keep her there. NXT also really needs to stop writing Io off with half-assed “injury” angles and let her wrestle or show up on TV more often outside of her being written off for “injury” angles.

• Adam Cole posed with the title, we all know what that means!

Comment of the Week: Lacey Evans getting legitimately pregnant right before she was set to wrestle Asuka has convinced me…that Asuka is the Empress of Fertility now.

The fallout from Vengeance Day was a workmanlike outing. The UE collapse took another step forward and everyone involved has something meaningful to do over Adam Cole’s actions. Finn Balor wants payback, Roderick Strong being the impartial peacemaker and Kyle O’Reilly wants answers. The 6-man main event oozed tension and the finish was chaotic.

The Dusty Cup presentation was solid stuff and I loved that DK and Raquel are the de facto babyface tag team vs Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler (the latter sounding a lot more natural here than on Raw) Wes Lee corpsing over Nia’s “hole” was hysterical.

Question of the Week: What do you guys think of NXT’s incarnation of Evolve coming down the pipeline?

Another good wrestling review podcast. And now a reminder to brush, floss, and mouthwash.

2 Likes

Pulled the other post since as there’s updated info on O’Reilly. Fans really caused a stir tonight as it seems to be confusing personnel in and outside of the company.