Rewind-A-Wai #151 covers WrestleMania 24 from the Citrus Bowl in Orlando in 2008.

Espresso Executive Producer @BeatleRyan selected this show

Please leave us your feedback and tune in this Thursday when the show will be released at the POST Wrestling Café.

WrestleMania 24
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Orlando, Florida at Citrus Bowl
*World Heavyweight Championship: Edge (c) vs. The Undertaker
*No Disqualification Match: Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
*WWE Championship: Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena vs. Triple H
*Playboy Lumberjack Match: Beth Phoenix & Melina vs. Maria & Ashley Massaro
*Career Threatening Match: Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels
*ECW Championship: Chavo Guerrero (c) vs. Kane
*Batista vs. Umaga
*MITB Ladder Match: Chris Jericho vs. John Morrison vs. MVP vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. CM Punk vs. Carlito vs. Mr. Kennedy
*Belfast Brawl: JBL vs. Finlay

Posted on behalf of…

Jordan Goodman from Baltimore

This was my first time attending WrestleMania. Travel package included 2 days at Universal Studios. Hotel was across the street. WrestleMania Axxess was in the park. Super small. I remember the Undertaker cemetery set. Spent all of 10 minutes there.

Stadium was a dump. No individual seats off the field. All bleachers. Not even individual urinals. I hadn’t seen a trough with dudes lined shoulder to shoulder pissing in the same receptacle since elementary school. The stadium’s been upgraded since.

At the conclusion of the show, fireworks that lined the bowl of the stadium shot off. Some started firing directly into the stadium. Scary scene. From memory only minor injuries were reported.

With all that being said, it was a wonderful vacation. Hall of Fame was a unique experience as a wrestling fan. Ric Flair and Floyd Mayweather made the show feel like a spectacle. John Legend, Kim Kardashian, That’s So Raven, Snoop Dogg, and an ECW World Title match too. Main event felt predictable and underwhelming as the last match. Had the best time!

Lots of love

2 Likes

ANTHONY!

This wasn’t my favorite Maina, with the exception of two moments for me.

1. That (now) legendary meme of ‘Lil Naitch’ SPRINTING down that long ass ramp, into the ring.
  2. What could have been “Streak vs Streak” for the title if they didn’t have EDGE in the year prior’s ‘Money in the Bank’ match!

End!

First Review-A-Wai feedback! I used to have the dvd but now i watch it on Peacock (for now) at least now because of the Vince stuff in 2024 the Ashley Massaro match could be “hard to watch” even with this WrestleMania 24 taken place the spring after the Benoit tragedy so enjoy it because it can be tough to watch, And I can’t believe Edge refuse to end The Streak and that is why Vince book Brock to end Undertaker’s Streak in the Superdome at WrestleMania 30 and look what even to Vince Brock & now Edge! Sometimes this WrestleMania in Orlando shows fate can happen years later in pro wrestling even behind the scenes in WWE!

Dave from Dublin

My second mania attending live after 23.

Seats we had were by the ramp on the aisle and I imagine the same tickets today have been marked up 400 percent or some crazy figure.

Some memories I have are the Hall of Fame ceremony the night before which was a bit unique compared to today, as the company encouraged you to ‘dress up’ like it was some award ceremony, and I think the ticket stated if you weren’t dressed appropriately you wouldn’t be let in. Also remember receiving a fancy programme. It felt a bit special and you were part of something unique.

Also RAW the next night was super cool being ringside for Ric Flair’s send off with so many legends coming out, and after RAW went off air, some more unique interactions happened.

Enjoyed the mania as a whole, with some great matches and the outdoor atmosphere was unique with the first time a mania was outdoors since IX

Great memories.