I mean… The company’s want you to be emotionally invested in their products. Don’t insult people who do just that.

Art also calls for an emotional response. Sometimes art leaves you feeling down or shitty.

1 Like

You can be emotionally invested and still not be upset over a fixed result. I have been a wrestling fan for 36 years. Anyone who knows me, knows I’m the wrestling guy. I am always emotionally invested. I like and dislike a lot of things, but I will never be upset over a wrestling result, no matter how into the show I am.

I will never understand how you can be sad or down over someone who was not written down in the back that they were going to win a match. It is not a hockey or football or baseball team of any other athlete who actually look for a real win or loss that means something in their life.

1 Like

Full disclosure, I didn’t watch this show.
I however do believe that the vast majority of performers are driven with the desire to connect with the crowd and create an emotional reaction.

That can be as simple as a pop for a big move, and go all the way to having fans invest in the outcome of a match or storyline.

I personally don’t give a shit about sports, and can’t relate to people getting upset over the outcome of a game. I can understand it, but I don’t relate. Just like I very rarely have been personally affected by the outcome of a scripted match - but I don’t hold it against anybody who does.

Again, I don’t think that people being moved to tears or emotionally shaken by a movie, is that crazy of a concept. And as an art, I feel it’s easy to compare that to wrestling.

1 Like

Yeah doing that on air was a bad idea. I shut the show off when it started because I wanted a more serious ending.

1 Like

I feel like he was talking about it dictating the opinion of the whole show. If you loved the show up to the ending, and the ending flops I don’t think That brings a 7/10 Show to a 1/10 show, but so could see it making a 7/10 a
5/10 for someone.

1 Like