LIVE at 11:05 p.m. ET

Albeit under not ideal circumstances, this was the first promo, from Punk’s current run, that actually resonated with me.

I left feedback on the night of his first promo back in WWE and called this the beginning of “Punk’s Vegas residency”. I felt that he was back to have fun and make money. I can accept those simplistic motivations, considering his whirlwind of an exit from AEW but I demand more from Punk. I demand him to continue standing for things that he believes in. I want to see the same guy that advocates for reproductive rights when visiting certain US states, I want to see the same guy that holds utter contempt, justifiably or otherwise, for those that he believes have wronged him.

The line between Punk the performer and Punk the person did not truly exist and that was by Phil’s design. Now when I hear him say things like “being in the main event of Wrestlemania is his childhood dream”, it comes off as, at best, decade-old aspirations and ,at worst, boilerplate babyface posturing.

But when Punk talks about keeping his injury in perspective, talking about the real struggles of real people in his life, I light up inside.

He may be in his mid 40s and in a different headspace but I was relieved to discover that yes, Punk still stands for something.

Mannie from Pacoima
A very strong promo from CM Punk. The older I get, the more easier it is for me to start tearing up which is exactly what i was doing during the mention of punk’s friend. But then chills started when the blue collar man, phil brooks started speaking passionately!
The tag title match was also very good! I bit on evry near fall in thats match.
AAA announced the new Taurus will debut on February 18 and a new generation begins as Blue Demon 3 makes their debut next March

A big shout out to every Post member who spoke about the recent lawsuit and everyone on the site who covered it. I hope you all took the time to take a bit of a breather and take care of your mental health while working hard during this crazy week.

The best TV show of the year. That middling first promo aside, CM Punk has hit it out of the park on every occasion. The fact that he’s the epicenter of the most compelling content wherever he goes makes him the best wrestler of his generation if you value emotional stakes and drama over feats of athleticism. I had a massive gripe with the Seth-Cody promo, which was intelligence-insulting filler, at best, or character-destroying if Cody picks Seth. This disparity between Reigns cheating, people like Seth calling him out and the commentators pretending he’s '98 Goldberg is also jarring. Am I just supposed to take Cole at face value in this “tell, don’t show” method of telling stories?

For someone who famously said that “luck is for losers” Punk sure has had the worst luck staying healthy. That notwithstanding, the opening promo was strong and it gave Drew the heel heat he needed and Punk has a built-in program for when he’s healthy.

It looked like a sure-fire bet that Cody was gonna pick Roman but Seth made a compelling case for why he should pick him instead.

Bayley was gonna make her choice but Nia Jax happened…Friday better have an answer.

Gunther/Kofi and DIY/Judgment Day had the goods.

WWE is in “buying time” mode with Punk’s injury 86-ing what would’ve been a killer main event for night one and reeling from a turbulent weekend

Side-note: I like how the GM’s are acquiring talent. The Bron name-drop means that Vengeance Day will be his swan song.

Do you think the timing of the Netflix deal announcement occurred because TKO knew that the Vince lawsuit was coming imminently? It feels too coincidental that everything happened just days apart, and feels like PR spin 101 to “flood the zone” with other major news to confuse the average media consumer and give the likes of Triple H something “amazing” to talk about instead of the damaging Vince news. Your thoughts on this?

1 Like