But it’s on him for going there. He knows Vince likes Mighty Mouse and not pushing small guys. He knows Vince likes talkers. He say what happened to Neville and guys before him. Do you’d really Will Osprey going there ?

If Ricochet went there expecting to make it he needed to do better. He needed to be hammering his promos and putting in extensive work on knowing the WWE style. He did not. So this is where he is

He signed with NXT - the problem was, as always, there was no plan when he was brought up.

It’s why so few people from NXT work on the main roster. Vince looks at their 8X10 or a clip and gets excited that week. Then he forgets about them or loses interest.

I think it’s why so many people have lost interest in NXT. Good matches but none of it really matters or is building to anything important

I’m not sure you actually have any dat suggesting “so many people have lost interest in NXT.” I agree about the plan thing but I actually think WWE having too much talent hanging around for far too long and fans preferring legends to new blood is more the problem.

Who has lost interest in NXT? They also it have the same ratings as AEW

Oh yes he is. He has all the charisma of a wet sponge. He can be the greatest flipper in the world but never in a million years will he draw a dime.

1 Like

What do you mean by same ratings?

As this character, sure. But tell me who could make this character work?

The guy was a success in NJPW, Lucha Underground, PWG, NXT - everywhere else he worked in the entire world.

But WWE decides to make him a superhero who loses all the time and jobs to Riddick Moss. This is purely on WWE.

1 Like

Quantify success. How many people watched a show or bought a PPV because of his participation? I would hazard a guess the answer is almost nobody.

He was the main character on basically the first two seasons of LU, a series that I think changed so many aspects of the business. Also was a big draw for PWG for BOLA.

Huge part of NJPW’s junior division when he was there.

But he’s no Riddick Moss I guess

Don’t try to convince anyone that Ricochet has been a draw. He’s an idiot. If he had half a brain he would have realized when he signed here he needed to work on his mic game and not just flip.

He’s flat out terrible. No one cares about him. He’s being jobbed o and hopefully it helps elevate another guy.

Don’t pretend like LU and NJPW juniors count. He’s not will Osprey or Hiromu. He has the charisma of a nail and he signed a long term deal with a company that hates small guys ther can’t talk.

And he proceeded to never improve his mic skills.

1 Like

It’s very close. They are working 10-15 percent of each other

If he’s not a draw or talented, why did WWE sign him?

It’s purely a Vince thing - any other promotion on Earth would be able to book him better. Maybe he should have spent more time in NXT, but like nearly every other call-up there was no plan and here we are.

I don’t think you guys ever saw him work outside of WWE. He had more charisma as Prince Puma in LU than most babyfaces in WWE.

It’s just a Vince thing. Same exact thing happened to Cedric Alexander. Vince got excited then got bored. I’m sure he will now turn heel or something.

1 Like

He’s very talented. He’s not over. He makes no effort to improve mic skills.

If he wanted to do that he shouldn’t have come to WWE

I never watched LU but I’ve seen plenty of him before. He’s very talented. He’s just a bad talker with no charisma and he came here and did sqat to change and impress his boss

How do you know any of that? Show me another WWE performer that would be able to get the stuff he’s scripted over, it’s not possible.

If he’s a bad talker, don’t book him to talk. Instead he has to talk about superheroes. It’s on WWE and the way babyfaces are scripted.

Samoa Joe got over some stuff that was bad.

I’m not saying Vince and WWE is not to blame. But so is Ricochet. He came here for the money. He never got better or impressed his boss. He signed a long term deal like an idiot. And now he’s showing no fire against Lesnar and can’t even beat a 24/7 champ. He’s below Carmella.

He’s got to take some of the blame

Um, you know this stuff is scripted don’t you? How exactly do you show fire in a 90-second match?

I’m not debating that Ricochet is a bad talker/actor - he definitely is. But other promotions seem to have found a way to use him and get him over despite those weaknesses. I think he has more than enough physical charisma and talent to be a big star. It’s just a weird Vince thing.

I agree. It’s a Vince thing - if you are small and can’t talk well you are done. I’m just surprised he went there knowing what Vince is about and still didn’t up his game to his bosses liking.

Your bar for what qualifies as success is clearly significantly lower than mine if you think being a draw for two companies that, outside of wrestling nerd internet forums, virtually nobody has ever heard of never mind watched.

You have got to be taking the piss. If I had the time I would list the 300 odd wrestlers they have signed that aren’t a draw. In fact, let us make it easier. Name me one full time WWE performer (Brock Lesnar aside if you count him as full time) who can actually make a significant difference to ticket sales or tv ratings.

I think you’re severely underrating how popular LU was. Still big on Netflix. It’s going to be appreciated even more as the business evolves.