What did you think of WWE Raw?

DD+ patrons, join us live at postwrestlingcafe.com

0 voters

Erin from Brampton

I think Raw was dearly missing Randy Orton. His opening segment had a ton of energy, and it really set the tone for the show. In fact, I watched the entire episode just because I couldn’t wait for the main event. I don’t think the RKO at the end was too malicious, and it felt more brotherly than anything else. There’s no way these two don’t wrestle AJ and Omos at Summerslam.

Assuming Orton and Riddle do win the tag titles, and have a decent run with a dramatic break up, can you see this program lasting until Wrestlemania?

Jay from Colorado

Well, I guess that was about the most wholesome RKO you can get from Randy. I can’t imagine them breaking up such an over team so quickly but I’m still grieving the Hurt Business. It’s ironic that the WWE talks about momentum so much when they are so incredibly effective at killing it. I hope I’m wrong on this one. They need a tag title run first.

Do you think this is the RKBro split, or does this just bring them closer?

Andy from London

This is the first time I’ve watched Raw in a while - as of late I’ve only followed the product via your podcasts.

The Ripley Nicki ASH match really summed WWE up in a nutshell for me - whilst watching the match I was thinking to myself how good the work was, and how I was actually enjoying the story of the match - getting pulled in to actually care - oh what the fool I was. The finish, although I should have seen coming a mile off, just had me annoyed - what’s the point in investing - well simply put, there isn’t any!

Honorable mention to Jimmy Smith, who I thought was pretty good on commentary, he adds a tone of authenticity.

After the mass firing on Friday, I was probably in a more negative mindset than usual watching tonight’s Raw. If the future is over six feet and under 30, there are a lot of talented guys on the roster who have likely hit their ceiling already.

Since they’re having Corey talk really loudly about him, I assume they are going to make a bit of an effort with Kross but he looked just barely better tonight than he did when he lost to Jeff Hardy a couple of weeks ago. They’ve already dug themselves into a hole with him because other than beating down fan favourite Hardy, the audience couldn’t have cared less about him.

In fact, there are a lot of people who are falling flat right now: Damian Priest, Nikki, Rhea, and most surprisingly Bobby Lashley, who feels like a mid-card attraction at best. RK Bro genuinely feels like the hottest program going right now, which makes it surprising that they seem to have abandoned that project without even giving them a run at the tag belts.

Now that we know what execs are looking for in new male talent, I’m curious if there are any similar directives in place for women. NXT has been a failure at developing new male stars but it was crucial in establishing the main roster women’s division. Maybe they’re fine with women’s development working more or less as it does now, but it also feels like the women who are getting bigger pushes on the main roster now are a bit different than those we saw a few years ago.

3 Likes