What did you think of WWE SmackDown?

0 voters

All patrons are invited to join us for RASD Live at 10:15pm ET postwrestlingcafe.com

Erin from Brampton

Even though Roman and Bryan have squared off a few times this year, this match still felt special. Not to my surprise, these two delivered. Time and time again they prove to have incredible chemistry. I’m glad the finish was clean, and the post match antics were perfect for furthering Roman’s feud with Cesaro. Also, I’m loving Roman’s new theme.

Question for you guys. Other than bringing back some old talent, what cool things would you like to see for next week’s throw back Smackdown? I personally hope we see the return of the Smackdown fist.

This was a show that was very clearly built with only the main event in mind. Everything that didn’t relate to that was like week-old oatmeal. (Except Uncle Aleister’s Storytime and Puppet Theatre, which I continue to enjoy.) I am completely behind making the Reigns- Bryan match the focus but would it have killed them to build a decent show around it?

The big match itself delivered well above my expectations. I’m probably alone in this, but I liked it a lot more than the triple threat at WrestleMania. It had some great storytelling and didn’t rely on attention-grabbing “stunts”. Probably the best I’ve ever seen Roman. The ending also helped build Cesaro, who really did look superhuman as he punched Roman into the next solar system. The only thing that would have made it better would have been limited commercial breaks or picture-in-picture because with a match that intense, the interruptions were more jarring than usual.

So in the end, I’m glad I stuck with it until the end. But seriously, I don’t ever want to feel like I’m being made to suffer in order to be rewarded with something I really enjoy, at least not from something I turn to as entertainment.

2 Likes

Alexander from Portland

This was my first time watching SmackDown in months and I have to say that Apollo Crews and Big E segment was absolutely awful. It was hard to get invested in the first place hearing that this was their EIGHTH time competing against each other. With a finish like that I can’t see how anyone can muster excitement for a ninth match between them. Azeez feels like a complete dork that sorely needs time in developmental.

On the other hand Roman and Bryan was phenomenal, and seeing everyone’s videos about who will win was brilliant storytelling. Heyman’s promo was gold. Bryan passing out and not tapping was gold. Forcing Cesaro to watch Bryan’s execution was gold. With Daniel Bryan gone SmackDown will need another babyface to step up and this could finally be Cesaro’s time. 7/10 show

Happy Friday boys!! Once again, far and away better then Raw. Hard to believe the same company makes both of these shows. I really enjoyed the main event this week. Excellent match and as a big mma fan I loved the guillotine finish. Really further puts that move over for Reigns.
That opening segment drove me nuts you can just predict every time they’re going to do the classic, over done impromptu tag match…also got my fill of the dirty dogs and Dolph for several lifetimes over. They sure seem to have a limited roster compared to Aew how many damn times do Apollo and Big E have to face each other?
Have a good night guys thanks for all you do.