What did you think of WWE SmackDown?

Join us live for tonight’s podcast on YouTube at 10:15pm by clicking here.

0 voters

Erin from Brampton

The interaction between Styles and Riddle reminded me of what you guys had to say about the Styles and Bryan promo from two weeks ago. Given how AJ comes across as the a “conservative” person, it only made sense that Riddle, a very laid back/liberal character, would interrupt his rant. I think a feud based on beliefs and lifestyles could have potential. At the same time, I’m not sure if the WWE could handle something that deep without making it into a complete joke.

It was also ironic how AJ called Riddle the talk of the town, not knowing it would have negative connotations the day this show aired.

Anyways, I was cool with the idea of Riddle beating AJ. So often we talk about underwhelming NXT debuts, and this was the opposite. It gave Riddle a cleanish win, and AJ can still say that Daniel Bryan distracted him.

Paul from New Jersey

A nice edition of SmackDown and the end to a pretty decent week of shows for the WWE. Sonya cut what is probably the best promo of her career thus far and certainly has a point. Miz & Morrison were phenomenal and have a point as well when it comes to their title match. Bayley & Sacha can be hit or miss on commentary, but I thought they were fun tonight. Even though the feud itself has been as Renée put it”Uncomfortable”, Hey Terri Hardy actually sounded decent in his sit down. 6.5.

Nick from Lansing

There’s a lot going on in the world today and unfortunately this show didn’t make it easier to escape and not think about. There were good matches, throughout the night and personally I enjoyed the hell out of Sasha and Baylee on commentary. Sonya continues to be my favorite part of whatever show she’s on. I hope she gets more opportunities in the future

Andrew from Cape Breton

I’ll start with the positives. Sonya Deville is the best promo on Smackdown and Sasha and Bayley were great on commentary. The negative was the first half hour. I’ve been glued to twitter recently and it’s hard to ignore the issues with the first segment. I know it’s taped, but I also feel that had that not been taped, Matt Riddle would have been let go with Jack Gallagher. The accusations keep coming in and the only bright side is that these are finally coming out. I hope more people come out and I hope the business is cleaned up.