What did you think of tonight’s wrestling?

Patrons, join us for our live recording of Rewind-A-SmackDown at 11:15pm ET postwrestlingcafe.com

What did you think of SmackDown?

0 voters

What did you think of Dynamite?

0 voters

Chris from Melbourne, only watched Rampage.

Bryan’s streak of amazing AEW matches continues. It’s amazing to see him finally get the chance to unleash and do his thing while also putting the spotlight on guys like Eddie tonight, and Aaron Solo on this week’s Dark.

My only fault with the Eddie/Bryan match is when Eddie headbutted Bryan and suddenly Bryan launched into a back-and-forth headbutting sequence. Eddie, please don’t encourage him. We only just got Shibata back…

The Eddie/Punk segment finally gave us a good “interrupted backstage interview”, despite AEW insisting on doing them several times a week. I’m really excited for that match to come.

One thing I love about AEW is how they keep tag teams warm and set up programs for injured partners to return to. It’s unfortunate that Mike Sydal wasn’t able to make this match happen, but things are getting spicy for Darius’ return – Dante has become an absolute star in his absence, and it’s going to elevate both men.

Lastly: oh my god I was not prepared for that final match. By far the funniest Mark Henry pre-main event interview yet, and followed by a match that more than lived up to it. I don’t really know what the long term goal for Abaddon is, but one-offs like this make me very excited to find out.

Rampage may not get big ratings, but I’m glad it exists.

1 Like

I’ve been hoping for months that we’d get to see Britt Baker vs Abadon just for the moment when the doctor had to think about what it was going to be like to put her hand in that mouth, so for giving me that, I’d rate Rampage very highly. But my preferences aside, I still think this was one of their strongest episodes. All three matches delivered in their own way, and Danielson vs Kingston in particular was a gem. Interesting that the crowd seemed to lean towards Eddie being the babyface. I suspect that might also happen with Punk in the near future.

Speaking of crowd reactions, I was surprised that Charlotte didn’t get more heat than she did when she came out. I guess it’s easy to forget that most people aren’t tracking news online and likely had no idea what’s been happening. Lucky them. As much as I’m happy to see Shotzi there to offer something different, I’m confounded by the decision to turn her heel. She was surprisingly over with the crowd, considering she’s barely been on television, and her gimmick just screams babyface to me.

Justin from NYC,

Didn’t watch Smackdown

Rampage was fabulous. Just the easiest hour of entertainment in the week. Kingston/Danielson was an intense epic. Kingston vs Punk is something to look forward to. Just amazed at Danielson’s reemergence on Dynamite. He’s in tremendous condition and he is wrestling at a world’s best level.

Dante Martin is a budding star. He seems to float in the air and makes commonplace moves like Dropkicks and sunset flips into athletic events. It is like watching a young Michael Jordan take flight (or Vinsanity for John and Wai).

Britt vs Abadon was wacky good pro wrestling Halloween insanity. Mark Henry interviewing Abadon was a low key great tv moment. I just always enjoy Rampage immensely and tonight was no exception. 10/10

Brandon from Oshawa

Rampage was great. Best thing about SmackDown is Happy Corbin and Madcap Moss.

Unless you’re a child I don’t see how anyone would choose Smackdown over Rampage, such a stark difference in quality between the two shows especially tonight.

Danielson vs Kingston was PPV quality and Dante Martin is a budding mega star. Baker vs Abbadon was violent fun.

SD was same old shit other than Shotzi/Flair which was a breath of fresh air.