For Rewind-A-Wai #72, we are reviewing the WWE Survivor Series 2002 as selected by Espresso Executive Producer @BrentyTenty.

This show will be released on Tuesday, October 13th for all members of the POST Wrestling Café.

Leave us your feedback to the show with any questions related to the event and we will get to them at the end of the show.

WWE Survivor Series
Sunday, November 17, 2002
Madison Square Garden

*World Championship Elimination Chamber: Triple H (champion) vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Booker T. vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane
*WWE Tag Team Championship: Edge & Rey Mysterio (champions) vs. Eddie & Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit
*WWE Championship: Brock Lesnar (champion) vs. Big Show
*WWE Women’s Championship Hardcore Rules: Trish Stratus (champion) vs. Victoria
*WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Jamie Noble (champion) vs. Billy Kidman
*Table Elimination Match: Jeff Hardy, Bubba Ray & Spike Dudley vs. 3 Minute Warning & Rico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0LL_y11_nc

Hope you guys like the choice! For those wondering this selection does involve me selling a steer as well. Looking forward to hearing feedback!

Brandon from Oshawa

I havent had a chance to go back and watch this, but I’m definitely going to for that Tag Title match. All those guys were killing it at this time and its such a shame what the tag division has become what it is now.

I remember being really excited for the Elimination Chamber. After 5 years of the regular cage and the Hell in a Cell, it was nice to have a new structure. It’s now been 18 years and actual yearly PPV’s being named after the Chamber & HIAC and there’s been nothing new, with the exception of the Punjabi Prison. Do you think its time to build a new cage structure and create a new match type? Hell, bringing back WCW stuff seems all the rage these days, bring back the Triple Cage even. I think we need something fresh now.

Alex From Minneapolis
I remember this show having bought the DVD of this show years after it happened. The 3 way tag had the unenviable task of following the classic No Mercy 2002 Tag Match And unfortunately couldn’t live up to the ridiculous high expectations it was given. Steiner’s “Give me the fucking mic” moment is a hidden gem that while edited off the dvd and network still lives on twitter and Reddit.

2 questions

1. Do you guys know what would’ve been the Mania plans had WWE acquiesced to Hogan’s pitch of Brock losing to him on this show?

2. How would you guys compare the success of Heyman’s different times having position of power with the Smackdown Six era, ECW relaunch and recent Executive director of Raw role?

Jesse à MTL

You lads first reviewed this show in November of 2010. I wonder if now, as ten years ago:

• John will begin the show by asking Wai if he’s still wearing his surgical mask.
    (In 2010, this had something to do with Impact somehow. idk I don’t get it either.)

• If John and Wai will discuss OAC, their last year of high school.

• If Wai will chastise John for leaving a friend’s wedding early on a Sunday to work for the LAW even though he once took a night off to see the Spice Girls.

• If Wai will skip Saliva playing Jericho to the ring from The World again.

(Sorry, there weren’t a lot of gems from this old review. I don’t think Review-A-Wai had hit its golden period yet.)

Questions:

1. Why did they put the title on Shawn for just one month? Was the Steiner-Hunter title feud that important to them that they needed it back on Hunter so quickly? Was Hunter politicking? Did Shawn not want a longer run?

2. Does Hunter not have pain receptors? Everybody talks about him gutting it out when he tore his quad but he took a beating in this match, too. Jeeze.

3. Why do you believe?

Take Care