Flash Morgan Webster reveals him & Mark Andrews had contract talks with TNA, couldn't reach agreement

Originally published at Flash Morgan Webster reveals him & Mark Andrews had contract talks with TNA, couldn't reach agreement

Morgan Webster expressed how proud he is of Dani Luna’s success. 

The trio known as Subculture (Mark Andrews, Flash Morgan Webster & Dani Luna) arrived to IMPACT Wrestling in 2023. Andrews and Webster’s run with the company included an IMPACT World Tag Title reign. As of this writing, they were last in action for the company on the U.K. Invasion tour in the fall of 2023. 

Present day, Dani Luna is signed to TNA and is one-half of the Knockouts World Tag Team Champions.

Morgan Webster was the featured guest for a live recording of the Wrestling With Johners Podcast. When asked about the possibility of returning to TNA, he said there may or may not have been talks about it. Morgan then slipped up and said they are in talks, but he quickly corrected himself. He added that Dani Luna is in a different position than Andrews and himself. 

Him and Andrews have expressed to one another that if they are to sign somewhere again, it has to be for the right reasons. They did have contract talks with TNA but they did not reach an agreement. 

Uh, yeah, I do believe the last time, it was the U.K. tour (that myself & Mark Andrews wrestled for IMPACT/TNA) which was absolutely great, we had a lot of fun then. There might have been talks recently. There might have been. I can’t confirm or deny this. Nothing set in stone but, we are — or we maybe might be in talks (he laughed). I think that the door is open… When Dani (Luna) signed, it was just a matter of we had a conversation with them. We weren’t able to come to an agreement that worked for both myself and Mark. Dani is in a very different position to us, a lot younger than us. I know that me and Mark spent a lot of time — Mark longer than me — in WWE. We were signed. It was a lot of restrictions that came with that. We both kind of said to ourselves that if we were to sign somewhere else as well, we’d wanna make sure we were kind of signing for the right reasons and everything… all the T’s were crossed and the I’s were dotted and stuff like that and it makes sense for us now. TNA is an absolutely great place. That locker room is one of the best in the world to be in just because of the morale and everything else. Sometimes, you’ve got to look past the wrestling and look at where you are in your life and kind of make sure the opportunities and the stuff you’re taking is right for you, right for your family. So, I think you will see us in a TNA ring but I can’t tell you when. But, when we pop back up because I’m confident we will, I think it’s something that the fans will rejoice in.

He went on to express how proud he is of Luna for her TNA and independent work. He thinks Dani is a top-ten female wrestler in the world and predicts she’ll be Knockouts World Champion by the end of 2025. 

She is, she’s absolutely killing it (Morgan Webster said about Dani Luna’s success in TNA & the independents). I talk about Greedy Souls being top-ten tag teams in the world. She’s easily top-ten female wrestlers in the world. What I love as well is we talk about that summer of Subculture and you talk about us going to IMPACT and the rise and the tag team matches we had. While we were there, she kind of came along and was, I guess, for a lot of people a bit of an unknown entity and she was there ticking along, ticking along. Having great matches with Jody Threat, having great matches with Deonna (Purrazzo), with Jordynne Grace and slowly but surely, she seemed to turn everyone’s heads and they realized how good she was and why as well she’s a member of Subculture and why we consider her to be one of the best in the world and when that opportunity came up for them to grab her and lock her down to a deal, they did just that and believe the championship she just won with Jody Threat — big love for Jody Threat, we love Jody Threat here in Subculture — I believe that the championship she just won is just the beginning. I predict and I believe that she will be Knockouts World Champion by the end of next year I reckon, without a shadow of a doubt. I have no doubt in that.

Subculture were in action at RevPro’s Revolution Rumble event on 3/31. Morgan Webster and Andrews dropped the Undisputed British Tag Titles and Dani Luna retained the Undisputed British Women’s Title in a Dog Collar match. 

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit the Wrestling With Johners Podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.